• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Cut down 375 copper bullets for lever action rifle

larryb34

Some ideas or advice. Barnes makes copper bullets. I had a marlin 375 Winchester . I saw some company offer copper bullets for about $100 for about 20 bullets. The Barnes bullets are cheaper but pointed . What I am asking is can one cut down or ground down the Barnes bullets pointed top to work in my lever action rifle. Just curious if this is a valid idea. The Barnes are copper so I felt that they can still be used in condor zone.
Any input or advice I would be appreciated. Thank you Larryb

JustGuy

Banned
I don't know if it helps, I done it with 9 MM to make SP out of FMJ for my SUB-2000 and 357 mag for my Winchester. no problems. shot already more than 100 rounds each.
In my opinion, it is even safer If you have solid copper. Some people say that if you cut nose out of jacketed bullet it might disintegrate in the barrel. It is the only risk in my opinion which should not exist in solid bullets.

Top Bottom