CZ vs Glock vs Para vs Springfield

foulshot

Reaction score
So I'm close to getting my CCW and looking for something for the hip. I know lots of guys have their preference, but I'm looking for opinions on these guns. Not that I mind anyone adding .02 on different make/models.

These are what I am currently looking at.

CZ 2075 RAMI in .40
Glock G23 (.40)
Para Warthog .45ACP
Springfield XD Sub Compact 40 S&W

Anyone have any insightful thoughts? Which ones would you carry cocked&locked? not want to carry.

There is a local shop that has the CZ for 500(seems like a good deal), but I've heard they had a problem with the magazines. Reading the CZ forums seems to be minor.

Thanks for any help!

jaehunt

Reaction score
Well, you said .02 would be ok.

I don't have any experience with any of the guns you mentioned, but I have fired quite a few rounds through a S&W M&P .40 compact and I would definately recommend it. It is nice and compact and functions flawlessly. I definately have a bias for S&W, but that would get my vote over any of the ones you mentioned.

Jason

Tank

Reaction score
Out of the ones you've mentioned

1.) Springfield XD
2.) Para
3.) CZ
4.) Glock

My choices...

1.) Kimber 1911 .45acp (or any 1911)
2.) Sig Sauer P220, P229, P226, etc...
3.) S&W M&P .40 or .45acp
4.) Springfield XD .40 or .45acp
5.) HK USP .40 or .45acp

I own the top three on my list and plan to own #4 and #5.

I realize my top 2 choices may be on the expensive side but they are worth every penny.

But if we're talkin' more for less....the best value is the S&W M&P.

JMHO....can't stand Glock.

subfan

Reaction score
I have owned each brand except the CZ. So, I can not comment on them but they have a good reputation. I would rate the others as such:

1. Springfield XD-Love mine!
2. Glock
3. Para (I had issues with an LDA along with a few other guys I know)

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shoot-it @ Mar 29 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have been looking for a new handgun myself I am thinking on this gun FNP-45 but it comes in 40 to . Comes with 3 mags and a lockable case http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms...amp;mid=FNM0057[/b]
I was at one of the stores they list as a dealer, but I don't remember seeing those yesterday. Of course I asked about a CZ Rami and the guy hadn't heard of it....

shoot-it

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foulshot @ Mar 30 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shoot-it @ Mar 29 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been looking for a new handgun myself I am thinking on this gun FNP-45 but it comes in 40 to . Comes with 3 mags and a lockable case http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms...amp;mid=FNM0057[/b]
I was at one of the stores they list as a dealer, but I don't remember seeing those yesterday. Of course I asked about a CZ Rami and the guy hadn't heard of it....

[/b][/quote]

I have been looking at a lot of guns on line what I like in a hand gun is a thumb safty and a hammer da/sa type. I want a h&k -45 but don't want to spend that much so that why I have been looking into the fnp. That gun dealer is a dumbass if doesn't know what a CZ is.

myfriendis410

Reaction score
Get some trigger time on the M&P in .45: it looks like a good effort for a plastic gun. That said if I were going to carry concealed I would get a Kimber 1911 and call it good. BUT, I am 6' 4" 210 lbs. and have more room to hide a full sized auto. I can almost hide my six inch model 57 part of the year. That's the other thing: if you are in Nome Alaska carrying is one thing, but if you are in Orlando Florida, uh-oh: Hawaiian shirt, baby!

Tank

Reaction score
The Smith & Wesson M&P in .40 is the newest addition to the family, and thus far it hasn't given me any problems. The trigger pull is light and the trigger reset is very short. Makes for fast follow up shots. It is extremely accurate for a combat auto-pistol. I was very impressed with it.

I've never been a fan of tactical tupperware until this gun. I've also never been a big fan of S&W semi-autos until this gun. They definitely did their homework on this one. Here are some of the features that set it apart from other plasti-guns.

ambidextrous slide catch

15 + 1 capacity

3 interchangeable palm grip swells

easy view loaded chamber indicator

reversable magazine release

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shoot-it @ Mar 31 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foulshot @ Mar 30 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shoot-it @ Mar 29 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I have been looking at a lot of guns on line what I like in a hand gun is a thumb safty and a hammer da/sa type. I want a h&k -45 but don't want to spend that much so that why I have been looking into the fnp. That gun dealer is a dumbass if doesn't know what a CZ is.
[/b][/quote]

He knew CZ, just not the RAMI. They had plenty of 75's and P01's

foulshot

Reaction score
Did I mention I tried a Kimber compact .45, I REALLY like the way it feels!

myfriendis410

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foulshot @ Apr 1 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did I mention I tried a Kimber compact .45, I REALLY like the way it feels![/b]
Comparing a Kimber to a plastic gun is like comparing a Corvette to a Ford Focus.

shoot-it

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (myfriendis410 @ Apr 2 2008, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foulshot @ Apr 1 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did I mention I tried a Kimber compact .45, I REALLY like the way it feels![/b]
Comparing a Kimber to a plastic gun is like comparing a Corvette to a Ford Focus.
[/b][/quote]
I don't know my brother in-law just bought a kimber pro carry 2 we both shot it to me it felt like in wants to fly out of my hands and it was jamming that might be cus it was never cleaned from factory. I am not a small person either I am 6' 2' 250 .I just bought a XD-40 a few hours ago waiting 10 days I will get back to you how it shoots. I handled a colt 1911 full size it had a better trigger than kimber from factory it comes down to personal preference.I am a 1911 fan to.

foulshot

Reaction score
Well, my search has ended. I bought a Springfield 1911 GI and XD, both in .45ACP.

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 24 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Both great choices...congrats
[/b]
Thanks Tank, looking forward to putting some rounds through them. Now I just have to get my reloading bench all set up....

myfriendis410

Reaction score
A suggestion for the .45; load a 200 gr. bullet. It seems that all of the 1911's coming out now are regulated (sighted) for a 200 grainer. If you use 230's they will probably throw high. Besides, a 200 gr. bullet at 930 + fps. is plenty.

Top Bottom