D-13 Report

ChrisAMX

Finally saw three Does on private property. Some bear tracks. Ton of hunters still. More than I've seen in past years.

WON stated that we have lowest number of hunters buying licenses this year. They must all be in D13 or not licensed?

ChrisAMX

Went out Satuday West Frawier and Sunday Chumash Wilderness. My partner saw a forkenhorn about 500 yds off. I got stung by yellow jacket. Saw only a couple of tracks and many persistant hunters.

Weather; Too hot and dry

Stevehazard

I'm surprised you've seen so few deer. It seems like you've been up there every weekend since before the start of archery and you've only seen some does on private? I foolishly went up there without a tag or rifle and found several does and jumped a forky up inside of ten feet. Found areas with good sign and not many people. Also found areas with tons of people... kind of surprised that some of these guys seem to be hoping to be the lucky one to shoot a legal buck that is stupid enough to wander though an area loaded with so many people.

sportyg

Yeah you need to get away from the others if you want to harvest a deer and be in there before them so they will run the deer to you.

canamrider07

Chris, it would be easy to get discouraged and just not go, but you keep at it, good job. D13 is not an easy place to hunt, no pictures, good luck I hope you get one. And keep reporting, I like to see what is going on up at "The Club".

ChrisAMX

Last day, Sunday, we went to Mill Canyon. Saw some fresh tracks and beds, (something we didn't see in same area during archery) but no deer. Saw plenty of hunters though, more than Ive seen on a last day, especially in Mill Canyon. No sign of Game Wardens anywhere.

I'll be creating a A32 thread for the next round.

Top Bottom