D-13 This Weekend

ChrisAMX

Well, this weekend will find me back for opening day in D13. I didn't see many deer, or much sign during archery season, so my hopes are not high, but I'll still be out there.

Note: I've never seen a decent legal buck on opening day...maybe this will be the year.

ChrisAMX

Did you take that Vid? Interesting story about one miner up on Frazier. Many years ago, a friends grandmother went to check on this one guy who was mining on Frazier. Apparently, when she arrived there was quite a mess. The miner committed suicide by blowing himself up!

canamrider07

Yes. I had a guy reply on youtube that he had a lease on one of the mines I showed. He never got anything out of it.

ChrisAMX

I’ll be out tomorrow. Hope nobody does anything stupid with fire conditions as they currently are.

ChrisAMX

Went out to Grade Valley on Saturday...so many hunters, more than I've sdeen in a long, long time. So I turned around at Yellow Jacket and headed over to Pinos. Found a spot and sat there all day. Only seen a couple of hunters pass through. No deer seen.

canamrider07

I was out at Grade Valley for quail opener years ago. There were guys sitting on couches in the back of a pickup truck driving around. Hilarious. I did find a piece of a piece of a Native American Stone Mortar along Yellowjacket.GOPR0900.JPG

VoxClam

In D13, I was up on the north side of Alamo Mtn on Friday, 10/19, well above Piru Creek and Forest Road N801. Came upon two does in the chapparal at around 10:30 at around 6,000+ feet, and saw plenty of deer poop and bedding areas. Saw no bucks. I was bushwhacking in the brush, and then, up into the 2006 burn area, with stands of pine. On the way back down, I followed dry creak beds. In retrospect, it made a lot of extra work for myself and I will stay out of dry creek beds, draws and gullies if I have a choice. Exhausting, and limited visibility, due to steep hillsides, left and right. Useful learning, not to repeat.

VoxClam

Best of luck to you, remember hydration, even now when its cooler.
Opah: To your point about hyrdation, I went through a 2-liter hyrdation pouch during my six-hour outing on 10/19/19. Of course, the warm, dry, windy weather, uphill climbing and altitude (above 5,550 feet the whole time) really takes the water out of you. Glad I completely filled my pouch before heading out, and also glad that I paced my sips throughout the day.

OPAH

I think most of us at one time or another has ended up short on water, and I believe we all can say "Not a good thing".
Keep putting those boots to the dirt, you'll come across the Venison dinner your hunting for !
Keep loading them up and knocking them down Voxclam

ChrisAMX

Spent another weekend covering a lot of ground in different areas. Not seeing a whole lot of sign and have yet to see a deer yet. Areas covered: Thursday Mt. Abel 7,500 ft level. Saturday Lockwood near old wagon road working a couple of canyons there. Then Scott Russell Road at the top. Nice views for all the hard work...that's about it.

Top Bottom