D 17 guzzlers

Pistol Pete

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a guzzler index or map for the D 17 area ?
Thanks Guys

SierraFool

Reaction score
Pete, I have about 200 diferent guzzler locations inputed in my GPS, Most are for birds. Do you need big game guzzler locations? I have a few of those but mostly in the National Preserve and Death Valley. First you cant hunt in Death Valley National Park and the east Mojave preserve are a long hike in and mostly used by the sheep.What area are you planning to hunt let me know and Ill check it out.

Pistol Pete

Reaction score
I'm Planning on going to the Mojave Preserve for mule deer and getting ready to do some scouting . I've never hunted this area before and as a newbie would be extremly gratful for any help.

Thanks Serria Fool

SierraFool

Reaction score
Pete, you really have to decide what area of the preserve you want to hunt the whole area has onlly 1 or two roads the rest are closed . a better option would be the Kingston range,Mid Hills,Clarkston, those are out of the preserve.

Pistol Pete

Reaction score
Thanks,
Like I said never having hunted there before I thought That the guzzlers would be a good choice to start from. Any info you could give would start me in the right direction. Normally I hunt up in the B1 area so this is my first try at something closer to home and the first time out in the desert.

I have looked some into the Mid Hills area and with the road situation in the preserve, meaning I'm not the worlds greatest at hiking into desert any major distance. Not that I'm not able just don't want to do something like that on my first hunt there.
You gave me a couple things to try and sure saved me from wasting time on a scouting trip that might have been a bust.

Top Bottom