• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

D-19 opener weekend

Mudbuster

Went hunting on opening weekend with my oldest son and alot of good friends,got my deer on sunday at 9:05 am!!!! Long drag uphill in a deep canyon but worth every inch.
heres a pic of me and my buck. First time posting.

Attachments

sportyg

Looks to me like is is in the hills off Lamps Caynon..

nice buck if it came from that area a very nice buck..

Mudbuster

THANKS ALL, here's the story.Hunted with my son and good friends, got to the area at 5:45am we all got to our spots,we have guys at the bottom and both sides, my son and me towards the top.The guys at the bottom sees about 8 does and a small buck and a big one feeding towards the top.I'm thinking those deer got to be close to us!!!!Then my son sees the back of a deer go over a saddle by us maybe about 150yds down,I get my son down to good spot to see if the deer come back over the saddle.I go back up the ridge and go around about 1/2 mile and come thru the back door.Finally get there I hear a noise, look down and see two does then deer after deer comes out no bucks,then I look up towards the ridge between me and my son two deer walks over the saddle towards my son, then one deer starts walking,BUCK!!!!
Fever hits hard so I get down to a brush for my gun. 150yds shot (I SHOOT)
lung hit the buck stops and stares at me then runs over the saddle towards my son. I hear a SHOT, then another. I get the saddle my son and my friend Brian said the buck down!!!! It fell down 100 yds down a steep canyon. My son hit the buck in the leg and Brian hit the top of the back. We all get to him and see the horns HIGH FIVES
Steep drag out.There's the story got to go help my son get he's buck now.

Mudbuster

Hey Sporty and JDC if you see my dodge raider (red) the one in the first pic Stop me and say HI, Your close very close. got to help my son get he's buck. JESS

Top Bottom