D-370 Options

kmitch

Reaction score
OK, the D-370 is finally reached my threshold. Is the 2 MB memory adequate or should I buy one of the larger memory cards? I would also like to use it as a stand alone digital cam. Looks like the rechargable batteries are probably a non-starter. I can buy a lot of D cells for $40.

Keith

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I would recommend a 32 meg card. If you buy a smaller, you will end up buying a larger very soon after. You probibly want a minimum of 2 cards so you can switch them out like you normally would film. One of them could be smaller, but both being 32 meg would be best.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I agree with ******, 32 MB card is the minimum. If you can afford 64, that's just more pictures. Finding the largest card that will get filled before the batteries die would be the ideal situation.

There are two major problems with the internal 2mb of memory.
1. It only holds 4-5 pics in SHQ mode.
2. You have to take the whole camera back to your computer to download the images.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Coyotebandit, would a 128mb card be too big. I have a couple of the and a 32 but would like your opinion. Thanks, MC.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
MC,

I'm not sure? All I have are 32 MB cards, and I still don't know how long the batteries are lasting. My problem is my hunting land is 1 hour away, so I don't get to check the cam as often as I would like. You might want to do a little testing with the 128 MB card, just to see how it's going to work, and depending on how active the area is, to see how long the batteries will last.

I have a 128 Mb card for my Yashica EZ-digital and it will hold over 250 pics, I know my batteries in that won't last that long, especially if half the pics are using the flash!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I picked up a 128MB card on ebay yesterday.  It's going to be a couple weeks till I get the camera built but I'll let you know then how it works out.

Later,
Todd

bat

Reaction score
Ok guys,
 Start looking for the best prices on say....32 MB cards, rechargable batties with charger and whatever does not come with the D-370 if you buy if as a Camera and not as a kit with the accessories that we would need.  Don't want to make this a lengthy post...but a few "great buys" for us future D-370 users would be appreciated.  Thanks, bat

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I am messing with my 370 today at work and with the 128 meg card it seems to take about 2.5 - 3 sec to fire after it sits a few min. It also doesn't seem to matter the resolution I pick either. Just a note to see what others find with theirs. MC.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I bought my 32 MB cards @ NewEgg.com, at the time they were $9, but they are $11 now. Still seems cheaper than most I see on Ebay these days. I bought my NiMH batts and charger locally, they usually have them on sale for $20 or less for (4) AA's and a charger. I am using Energizer, 1600mah & 1700mah and they both seem to work well.

Mine seems to take the pictures right away (1 sec) with the 32MB card, but then it takes 2-3 seconds before it's ready to fire again.

davered1

Reaction score
I am running a 64mb card.I could only get about 4 days on the alkaline batteries(duracell) so it would never fill it.It will hold over 150 pictures in HJQ mode (1280 X960).I swap it out with a 16MB card but it don't hold many,still around 35 pics though in HQ.

Kmitch,

I think you should run it off 4 D or C cells as discussed in other post, then a couple of 64MB cards you could leave it out for 2 weeks easy!!

That is what I'm after

Dbworld

Reaction score
On rechargable nimh batteries I get well over 100 pics while on vacation.  I've had it in the woods over a week and they were still showing fully charged...but only about 20 pics.  

bat

Reaction score
Thanks cb, dave and Db, that's a start.  bat

gizz

Reaction score
Dbworld - is it still out? I'd be interested in how long the AA nimh's last. Are you using 1600mha,1700mha,1800mha batt's or maybe another value?
Sounds like your getting lots of pics. That's good!

Top Bottom