ToddP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you still use the Olympus D-370 like a regular camera after you open it up and wire it?

Thanks,
Todd

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Todd, I'm not positive but from the diagram I saw you could. You onlu add three wires like the owl three wire setup. You change nothing internally. Others may correct me on this. That is one reason I'm modifying mine tonight. MC.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
ToddP,
Mine is still very usable after wiring! All your doing is adding another shutter button in parallel to the original, so when you unplug the camera, it's like it was never there. Pretty much just like the 3-wire OWL PF setup.

passgas55

Reaction score
I am thinking of using the 370 for my next cam but my ? is- Why can't you just turn the cam on just before taking a pic instead of a refresh every 2.5 hrs. This will save on your batts. Or is it a long delay on time using a 32 meg card?(how long is it any way?) Thanks

Hill Hopper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Passgas, I believe there are several reasons, and will outline here

1) The D-370 has a power saver board which will normally allow the camera to operate for around a week on a standard set of batterys already. The added wireing and hassel are'nt required

2) The shut off/ turn on is much slower, especially with larger cards. By having the cam stay on, its much faster.

3) A standard 35mm hookup will work with the camera

These are the ones I can think of at the moment, however there could be others some of the members might be able to identify.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Passgas,

HH is right but if you have an area where the cam may need to be out for several weeks, you can do one of two things.   Add an auxillery battery pack through the AC power port on the cam or use Brians digital chip.   It is designed to turn the camera on when motion is detected.  It also has several "start-up" times for different CF cards. longer for larger etc.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you like double pic mode, and are going to leave it very long, a 64 meg card  and battery pack would be real helpful like AEH was talking about

vman

Reaction score
Well bought my d-370 today.  Also went to radio shack to find an ac adapter.  What I found a item called an adaptaplug.  RS # 273-1714.  Now I just have to make sure I get the pol right.  Hows this,,The inside is + the outside is -.   Is this correct?  

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
VMAN,
your correct, the center pin is the positive. This can be verified by looking at the stamping right next to to ac adapter port on the camera. It shows pin polarity and molded right into the case

vman

Reaction score
shrtcikt,
Thanks I'm going to play around with this tonight.  

Top Bottom