D-370 Trailcam Done

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I finally finished my D-370 digicam. I think Db finished his first, which would only be fitting since he was the one who figured out the camera worked. The only mod I’m going to make is to pull the chip I presently have in the board socket and replace it with a new one from Brian with a 2.5 hr refresh which is the same Db figured out works pretty good. I’ll do this when it comes in.

http://community.webshots.com/album/33162720qngEFL

The enclosure is 5.5 inches wide by 8 inches long by 2.5 inches deep, and is made from 18 gage stock. This one has a Radio Shack PIR and a Fresnel Lens off a different PIR that didn’t work. I don’t like RS fresnel lenses, and I really feel the sensitivity of a MS20 would be better in the camera, and will use it next time.

Power is (6) double A’s and as previously stated, I’m using Brians chip on one of my own boards. This one has relays instead of opto’s since I was waiting for a shipment when I built it. Timer delays are 10 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, and 20 min.. All switches are on the exterior and are:

Top –                   Test Mode
Middle –              Delay and double pic modes
Bottom Toggle – Camera on/off

I did not use a power on/off, as the battery pack had snap connects and is just as easy to disconnect.

Got to play with the flash a little, and its heading for the woods. Bears ought to be moving and hope to get some shots of a few.

Butch

Dbworld

Reaction score
Guess I better post my pics too.

I am using a rs pir with Brian's etched board and chip with 2 1/2 hour refresh.  A durhammfg.com first aid kit.  Roughly 4"X7".

I also added a digislave flash to get approximately 8.7 miles (40 feet looks good on my pc) on my flash range. Unfortunately anything too close (5 - 10 feet) gets washed out some.  Not sure if it's worth the $99 or not.  I turn the flash on and off with the RS PIR and a relay.  So far it seems to charge up fast enough to work with freshly charged nimh batteries.  I plan to keep brians chip in two pic mode  so in case the flash isn't charged for the first pic it will be for the second.

Note the digislave is just a modified vivitar 2000 flash (about $17 at walmart) with the slave and switch for a delay  (either 1 flash or two)  added so it can be used with digital cameras.  It works great...not sure if it's worth $99 though.  I'm going to attempt to make my own here soon.  Will be my first real electronics project.  I found a slave circuit on the net and a two flash delay circuit.  I hope to be smart enough to figure out to integrate the two into one.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Its about time Db! That looks like one compact unit. Wasn't trying to steal your glory, just couldn't wait any longer.

Butch

Dbworld

Reaction score
No problem at all.  Except for the slave flash I had it done last Wednesday.  Was just too lazy to get the pics out there.

It's too compact.  I really have stuff crammed in there.  Not as pretty as yours  but functional.  I'll work on the cosmetics when I can....not a huge priority for my personal cameras.

davered1

Reaction score
DAMN,

Good job Guy's. This Canadian is still WAITING patiently for the USPS again!!

Will arrive soon though,

THANKS FOR THE CAMERA DB

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Nice cams both of you. I can't wait to get my first digital. You guys have nice setups. Hope to see pics from both soon. MC.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Good looking cams, both of you.  I like the integrated Flash, DB.  Thats a good looking enclosure HH.  Got another prototype friday. one more bug to workout and off to the powdercoaters.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom