D-370 uestion

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I am curious about the slow speed of the 370 with the larger cards(128mb). It seems to work great if the display is left on. I trips almost instantly with any card(32 or 128). If I leave it alone the display quits after 3 min and the camera seems to go to sleep. Has everyone else seen this? I will try later to see if by cutting the lead to the display (power lead) and leave the ribbon alone if it seems to fool the camera and the power useage is lower. I know it may need a quicker refresh but maybey with the display off it will be ok. Anyone try this or even understand what I'm trying to say?

Besides my poor spelling.

(Edited by MCinIL at 7:31 pm on June 25, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
MCinl,

Are you testing with the LCD on or off? I have bith a 32 MB,16  and 64MB card,cant say I sat ariound and tested them like you did but I swap out the 64for 16 and when I check pics on them they look like they are photographing animals in the same spot.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I always turn the display and the sound off, hoping to save some additional power.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't really seen any real diff. either. All I've tested, although most of my tests were based on refresh time, revieled abt a 2.5 second delay after it's sat for a few min.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Davered1, I am checking both ways. I do notice the 32mb card works well both ways. I don't have a 64 but I do have 128. The 128 seems to work super well as long as the led is on. It seems slow when the led is off and the cam sits more than 3 min. I think it is due to the size card or something. I did notice that both ways the camera reipps lots faster with the led on. A big waste of battery life I know. I am just try to see if mabey you could cut the wire to the led that powers it, put a switch on the camera, and use a 2.5 min refresh and the camera will act like the led is still on. I haven't tried this with a amp meter to see if there is a power savings but was wondering it anyone else has.  I think hen you would have a real quick camera no mater the card and double pic mode would really be great. I'm at work now but will try this out tonight hopefully. I'm slow working and typing now just getting over rotator cuff surgery. Davered1 thanks for the help. MC.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I wonder if the D-370 scans the memory on power up even after waking from sleep and that is causing the longer delay.  If so then the smaller the card the faster it will respond.  Most of the digital cameras have this delay.  The only one I have seen that doesn't is the S200.  No matte what card we put in it came up in the exact same amount of time.

davered1

Reaction score
Brian,

What is the delay time on the 200?

Easy fix for the delay is to just run a 1" hole for sensor ,animal will trip it  a touch sooner and be where you want him when the camera fires.My cams got a 1" hole and they work fine

gizz

Reaction score
davered/anyone, what size cards have you tried? My 370 didn't arrive yet so i have no idea on how it'll function. I did order a 32mb card but the 64mb sounds nice for $23 although i don't want to sacrifice speed of taking a pic. Are your pics from the 370 fairly centered? Also, how far from the trail/scent post are you mounting your cam? What do your actual night shots look like?
thanks

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
davered1, that will be my easy fix but I didn't get to work on it today. Maybet tomowwow or it will be after the 4th. Thanks for the input. MC.

davered1

Reaction score
Thanks AEH,

about the same then .

Gizz,

I have to find more battery juice to come anywhere near filling the 64MB card. If you run it on HQ (1280 X960) it will hold a whack (200) pictures, It is pretty fast,No worse than the OWL PF after it sits a while(no refresh).

Haven't had my camera out where animals can't be centered yet.But they should be, I think.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Dave1

Just to be clear, that delay is on startup from power on to ready.  Its the same for any Card on the s200.  You should be able to take over 200 pics with the s200 and leave it for weeks.  no power when off.  how quick will the d-370 boot up.  I know no-one has hacked the power switch yet, but that might be an option too.  Probably get what you need with the Aux Power though.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Dave1,

AEH is right the power up for the S200 is the same no matter what card you put in.  Most of the other cameras take a lot longer when you add memory.  The S100 and S110 are that way but the S200 is not.  Also, the night pictures are great compared to the others as well.  We turned the flash off and took pictures in the twilight and they still looked good.

I am trying to fix the control for it now so AEH can test it out fully.  I think this camera is going to be nice.  More expensive but all the features that you will need.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
And you can fix the control for the S200, right?

C'mon Brian,  you can do it.  If not I'll have a S200 for sale.  

Catch up with you in a week or so.

Later,
Todd

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hummmm.

Nope er...um.... I can't fix it.

How much you want for the S200.  You know just to take it off your hands and all.

Have a great trip.  By the time you get back I will have it done.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom