d-370 wiring pics?

wisbowhunter

Reaction score
i've done a couple 35mm cams and i'd like to wire up my digital but before tearing it apart i would like some instructions. anyone have pics or diagrams on where to hook up the wires on the cam? thanks in advance

wisbowhunter

Reaction score
i've done a couple 35mm cams and i'd like to wire up my digital but before tearing it apart i would like some instructions. anyone have pics or diagrams on where to hook up the wires on the cam? thanks in advance

Dbworld

Reaction score
About 200 feet....That's about right isn't it?  

Remember I was trying to quit smoking at the time.  I think that is the actual camera that I hosed by flopping some of that excess solder all over the board.  I was pretty shaky.  

I went and bought a pack before I did the next one.

(Edited by Dbworld at 6:37 pm on May 21, 2002)

(Edited by Dbworld at 6:43 pm on May 21, 2002)

(Edited by Dbworld at 6:45 pm on May 21, 2002)

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
DB, do you run your wires out of the cam or do you mount a connector socket to the cam?

Dbworld

Reaction score
I drill a hole in the back of the cam and run the wires out of there.

whitetailfan

Reaction score
There's GOLD, I mean, LEAD in them there hills!!! LOL :laffin-yellow: Sory DB, I couldn't resist.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I got feelings you know......:wink-yellow:  Good thing for you guys I'm still smoking or I'd take my ball and go home.....

INshedpicker

Reaction score
You mean it's not supposed to look like that when you're done?:roll-wink-green:

Dbworld

Reaction score
Yes.  Just the three wires.  But make sure you use LOTS of solder.  

Lew

Reaction score
I'm sure not the first one to think of this, but since the D370 runs on 6v, would it be possible to hook it up to a 6v lantern battery ?  The thinking is to extend time in the  field.  One big draw back to using a digital camera in trail cameras is they are battery hogs.  A lantern battery should last much longer then 4 AA batteries.  Any thoughts or estimates ??  Lew

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'm not sure.  But this camera is comparitively good on batteries.  They last at least a week with the nimh rechargables...probably longer depending how many pics it takes and how much you look into the lcd screen.      

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
A couple of things that you can do to help out battery life are to turn off the LCD preview after a picture is taken, and to turn off the beeps. Minor things I know... but every little bit helps.
I hooked up a 6volt sealed lead acid battery through the external power jack and it seems to work ok so far....

Lew

Reaction score
For those like me thinking of building a digital trail camera, the Olympus D370 is on sale at Officemax for $140.   Best price I have seem so far.  Hamiltoe is building me a circuit board with a refrsh feature and so soon as I get it, I will be joining the digital world.   Lew

Latest Posts

Top Bottom