D-370 with slave flash

vman

Reaction score
Well with db's, Brians, and Jon5ja's help I have finished my first digital setup.  Thanks guys.:smiley-thumbs-up:  Take a look at some of the pics.  Its headed for the woods now.

digital setup

(Edited by vman at 5:26 pm on July 19, 2002)

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Vman,

I get an "image not found" message when I try to follow the link.  Same when following the link in your earlier post about the slave flash.

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Good job!

Is the chip turning the flash on when it decides it needs to take a pic, and then turning it back off afterwards?

vman

Reaction score
Thanks,
no the flash has power at all times.  is the chip supposed to do that?

(Edited by vman at 8:44 am on July 20, 2002)

Dobler

Reaction score
I just picked up a 370 and will be using Brians board with the integrated PIR.  Where did you get your slave flash board at as well as how to make it.  I am an amateur and would like to build a slave flash unit also.  Any help would be appreciated.

kmitch

Reaction score
I'd like to understand where the development of a slave flash is at present. The last post I remember, the idle current on the Vivitar (approx $20 at WalMart) was about 100 ma. which would be a real battery killer. I would like to build some to use as a remote mounted fill flash for my film cams but can't imaging lugging enough batteries for that size drain. This time of year I leave cams out for a month at a time. Are we using one of the programable chips to turn the flash on and off?

Keith

vman

Reaction score
Dobler,
I etched the circuit using the kit from Radio shack.  Jon5ja has posted a circuit for the D-370 to drive the slave flash.

Kmitch,
Currently I don't have the slave turing on and off when needed.  Probably need to try something like Db  did with his.  Using a relay from the pir to turn the flash on and off when needed.  Or possibly using the same trigger for the cam from brians chip to close a relay to turn the flash on.  I would think that the slave would be powered up by the time the cam took the picture.  I am going to buy another flash when I get back to town and open it up and expirement with it.  

Top Bottom