D-5 Game Camera Pics (Nothing Small) - Ready For Opening Morning

shoottime

Reaction score
Sweet trail cam pics. Hopefully you and one of them can meet up! Good luck and keep us posted!

BAJA

Reaction score
Nice spot. Good luck. In all but one image they are coming from the same direction during daylight. The only one at night is coming from the opposite side.

CL&RR

Reaction score
Hey I'm from Stockton also, perhaps we can commute together. I'll even drive and provide drinks.

matt392

Reaction score
I think they all have a calendar with September 26th circled in big red pen and a little note that says "hide or die for 2 months".

Sweet pics.

adam32

Reaction score
Last picture was over a month ago. Good luck, some nice bucks, all shooters for sure!!! Hopefully the archery guys didn't bump them into the next County over.

jrod

Reaction score
That giant fork with that cheater third is the one I would love to hang a tag on. All dandy bucks

Bossbrott

Reaction score
There's no deer in D5, so this is obviously one big fat lie.

Awesome bucks, kill one.

buckhunter

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, this must be from another zone....good luck bud and let us know how it goes. Great Bucks!

MuIeDeeR

Reaction score
My dad and a few of his friends will have the area covered, for me I will have to be road hunting since I have muscular dystrophy and can't get out and hike up hills. Also to add, one big bear and a few coyotes showed up on the cam as well. One of the cams was stolen last year, but luckily got this guy off the SD card before the thief took it.
View attachment 86314

Rob P

Reaction score
Wow those are some great trail cam photos!

5-SHOT

Reaction score
All the best to you and your hunt ! we want pictures and a great story too!

Planetcat

Reaction score
Great looking deer. Hopefully you get a crack at one. Does the buck in the second picture from the top have orange fire retardant on him? I can't tell if it's the lighting or if he brushed up against some of it. I've hunted in fire areas and that crap gets all over when you walk through it. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing kill pics after your hunt.

MuIeDeeR

Reaction score
Update: Only 1 buck was killed in the area where my dad and his friends were hunting, but was not in our group and it was just a small fork. On Saturday at about 11:30am, my dads friend was walking around trying to move deer around, he jumped 2 big bucks and they never stopped. Got one shot off on a big 3 pointer but it was a clean miss. Sunday night was interesting. At 6:30 PM another one of my dads friends came up on 3 bucks bedded, 2 took off, and 1 decided to stand broadside at about 50 yards. He got blasted and went down right away and then got back up and started running down the hill. There was a lot of blood so the plan was to track him in the morning. There was a blood trail...and it crossed onto a private road...as my dad and his friend were trying to find exactly where he crossed, the owner of the road came driving up right away and told them that they needed to leave and didn't care if a deer had crossed his road. So that's a depressing ending to finding a nice buck. Here's a pic of 2 of the bucks in the area that ran off.

Last edited:

hunterdoug

Reaction score
Thats a bad ending, nice looking bucks, wonder if you report to dfg and see if they find someone with a deer in posetion un tagged, just a thought.

g791

Reaction score
Wow...That area has TREESTAND written all over it!

husky44

Reaction score
Nice bucks, you have a great spot.
D3-5 tags sold out as of today! Rumor is being bought up by animal rights orgs? Hard to believe, but who knows

Reaction score
Wow, Nice pattern this guy seem to be quite consistent. I Hope you were able to tag this guy!

Top Bottom