D-7 Archery opener

cjack

Reaction score
With D-7 archery opener coming up in less than a week I headed up to check the trail cameras that I put out 3 weeks ago. I am very discouraged by the results. Every year I usually get 4 or five bucks, a fair amount of does and a bear or two on camera in my two favorite spots, this year I only got one photo of one buck a week and a half ago at 10:30 at night. D-7 has always been a tough zone but at least I usually enter the season with some expectation of getting an opportunity to see if not shoot something. Although this looks like a fairly decent buck it will take a small miracle for me to come across this guy during legal shooting times....still going to try. spent a few days scouting some other ares and saw very little sign and absolutely no deer. On a positive note me and my canine sidekick did bump up quite a few covey of mountain quail! STC_0007.JPG I

D8hntr

Reaction score
Good luck. I'm skipping the D8 archery opener but I'll be up the Tuesday after until Monday (18-24). Hopefully something will pan out in 6 days.

Top Bottom