D11 opener - Get er Done!

blazintowers

Started out pretty rough on Saturday Morning with the fires, smoke, and Santa Ana winds on blast. Sunday morning with the full moon high and bright, I didn't really like my chances either. My son had enough of the winds and high heat on Saturday and declined this morning when I woke him at 4am to get rolling...Bucks and does were on the move this morning anyhow and I kept glassing until I found a nice buck around 8:30am. Made a stalk to around 220 across a deep canyon and the 7mag with a copper Hornady 139 gr GMX dropped him where he stood. Steep pack out and the dang heat made it tough!!! Not a monster but I have been on a drought and hungry for some venison...

d11 2019.jpg

d11 2019 packing.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Super congrats blazintowers nice buck! no reason for tag soup, the Maneater came over u and u got it done against the extremes! wtg and thnx for sharing!........tra

BC1

Looks like a good one. I had a little hiccup last year but got back on the board this morning too. Sounded the same, two doe on the opener and 25 deer (couple bucks) this morning.

blazintowers

Thanks Fellas! I love them D11 deer, even if they do taste a little like tumbleweeds! That's what my buddy tells me...LOL ...get after them boys, there moving right now.

Top Bottom