D15 Mule Deer Pictures

Shartman170

Reaction score
I harvested my first deer in D15 last year and planning on going back again this year so I am hoping to get a bigger buck this year ( just hoping I know that I won't be passing up any legal bucks) so if anybody has any pictures taken in D15 I would love to see them and hopefully everyone will be successful this year!
My First Deer.jpg

Muledeer527

Reaction score
I would be very happy with that buck! When do you think the Holy Fire burn area will open up?

Steinmaster170

Reaction score
According the the Cleveland National Forest website it will open September 20th but they could extend it right before season.

Shartman170

Reaction score
Nice buck Sharman. Tell us the story about this guy please.
I bought this tag OTC and I hunted for about 3 weeks and during those 3 weeks I saw 5 does in this one super high pressured spots. I stopped going to that spot for about 2 weeks but the day I shot my deer I actually decided to go on a long hike near the spot I where I seen those 5 does. Well I get to my parking spot and made a little detour to the exact spot where I seen those does. I walked up this super steep hill and the wind was perfect and I turned around the corner and the reflection off the antlers caught my attention so I just froze. The buck went behind a bush so I kneel super slowly but one of the does saw me. The doe was starring me down and I was really worried she was going to run but the buck went into the open again and was completely broadside so I racked a round in the chamber then shot him with a Sako 85 in 6.5 creedmoor. The shot hit the buck high shoulder and he dropped right on the spot.

P304X4

Reaction score
Nice looking buck and a great story........congrats!!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
nice shooting shartman. Them does can be tough to get by with their sharp eyes. I had two run up under my stand in MO. As i drew on a sure shot the 2nd one saw me. After about a 10 minute stare down she snorted and they were off.

Top Bottom