D3-D5 Scouting

voodoosmooth

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been up scouting recently. We've had so many fires not sure what the deer are doing. Planning on heading into the Silver Fork area on opening weekend. Thought I'd start a thread to see what people are finding. Thanks all.

fuzzymarindave

Reaction score
I'm interested too. I won't be able to hunt D3-5 until the last week of the season because of my archery hunt taking up most of October so by the end of October, deer may have moved a bit. Before the fires, I had planned to explore the western edges of the Bucks Lake Wilderness for deer activity.

MoanaNui

Reaction score
You are aware that all of the National Forests are currently closed, right?

k-thug

Reaction score
As far as number of animals this seems like a good year. I’m seeing lots of rabbits and lots of quail which tells me they had a good year. The bottom of the food chain will tell you what is happening at the top. Lots of little critters equals lots of big ones as well.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
With closures, I am wondering if there will be a season...:sneaky:

upcedarcreek

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been up scouting recently. We've had so many fires not sure what the deer are doing. Planning on heading into the Silver Fork area on opening weekend. Thought I'd start a thread to see what people are finding. Thanks all.
I've been hiking a lot since Spring in several areas of D3-5, a couple of overnights and a dozen day hikes of 8-12 miles, getting in shape for Fall...I've been in the Silver Fork drainage a couple of times...I've seen no deer, no deer shit at all, and very few tracks...

Sawfish

Reaction score
I just returned from B-2. In my opinion the deer are confused. They are still around but moving more at night. Overcast and smoky days have them disorientated as to the time of day. Previous scouting results may have to be re-evaluated. If you can find water, the deer will eventually come.

voodoosmooth

Reaction score
I plan on heading up to Pack Saddle Saturday morning. I've got a spot that's worked out well. I'll report back if I see anything.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom