d360 not firing

VABEARHUNTER

Reaction score
i just finished my cam with pix universal board and everything seems to be ok,all the lights do what they are supossed to do but it wont fire the camera off.am i missing something,maybe the settings on the camera are wrong.i used the stereo jack pluged into the top of the board and then into the cam,is this not right.i just know its somthing simple im forgeting...help......

Beartracker

Reaction score
unplug the camera and turn it off or take it out for now. Make sure both cables are seated down all the way (tight). Make sure the power switch is off.
Set all the switches "up" and then turn on the power switch to the board. Lets the board and lights run there corse. YOU MUST DO THIS EACH TIME YOU RESET THE SWITCHES, I found out the hard way,lol.
Now turn on your camera and give it a try just to make sure it's working on it's own. Make sure the flash is set to "AUTO" and that your time and date are right and so on.
If the flash and camera work right then you should be all set. Turn "off "the power switch. Place the camera in the box and plug it in. Make sure your cables are tight on the board when you put your camera in, it's easy to nock them loose.
Now turn on the camera and then turn on the power switch. The red light should come on and stay lit for about a minute. When it goes out run your hand in front of the sensor real slow and see if it takes a pic. Hope this helps, Mike

VABEARHUNTER

Reaction score
thanks beartracker,i figured it out..i knew it was somthing simple...i forgot to solder the jumpers to activate the stereo jack,i just was in rush last night and got a case of the dumb a$$'s.working fine now,couldnt be more happier with it.great board, hats off to haymaker for an excelent product.

Beartracker

Reaction score
That's the same board I have with my D-360L and it takes great pics. I've had mine about 5 months now and no problems at all. Just make sure your batteries are always good . Also found out that I never had to change the setting on the senser no matter what the temperature is, Just leave it straight up.
Also make sure you check your cables each time you put in the camera. It's easy for them to come loose. Good luck
and let us see some pics now!,lol. Mike

Haymaker

Reaction score
VABEARHUNTER,

Looks like I was a little late in responding here. I was going to tell you that you needed to configure the 2.5mm port's solder jumpers, and it sounds like you did.

Glad you got things working.

semper gumby

Reaction score
Ok, I got my nnew Board and I got no instructions onn what to do as far as hooking it uup. I have one of his old boarss on a D-370 but I am having the same problem with my 360L and I have nno clue where this jumper you are talking about is to solder it. Can anyone help?

VABEARHUNTER

Reaction score
thanks haymaker,and thanks for a fine product.this is my first attempt at a game cam and your board made things so easy i plan on a few more.

VABEARHUNTER

Reaction score
go to the website and click on the pic of the new board,then scroll down to the 2.5mm stereo jack,it should be in blue letters and click on it and it should give you a breakdown of what you need to solder for each diffrent board types

semper gumby

Reaction score
Sweet. I literally spent hours along with my friend looking for that. This Post rocks and boy do you guys help. I am saved.

semper gumby

Reaction score
Ok, found it the directions say J3, J5, and J9 but the red lines are pointing to J3, J6 and J9...which is it?

Beartracker

Reaction score
Looks like you guys are useing the new board. Mine is the old one,Lol. Six months old and already obsolete!
Mike

Top Bottom