D360 power problem

NGVideo3

Reaction score
I have two 360s with universal boards that run till the card is full 293 pics (64m card), the third camera is going dead around 60 or so pics. I tried a camera from the other units and it did the same thing so it is not the camera!
Any ideas??
Thanks
Troy

GPo

Reaction score
Sounds like the board is keeping the camera awake, instead of shutting it down.
Check into that, trigger it with the case open so you can see if the camera shuts off after 12 - 15 sec.

GPo

NGVideo3

Reaction score
Switches are the same, the camera is shutting down the same as the others. I am going to try new batteries for the board and see if maybe I had a bad one.
Thanks for the replys and I will let you know?
Could it be a poor solder??
T

Predator 1

Reaction score
Is it you camera batteries going dead, or the board batteries?

I'm guess the board batteries are fine, but your cam batteries are probably the problem.

what batteries do you use? what Charger? Are the batteries old or new?

I have my best results using NiMh 2500 mAmp rechargeables, and using a charger that has a discharge feature.

Also make sure the LCD screen is turned off, after you plug the cam into the board and slide the front cover on.

Sometimes for some reason the LCD will be "On" will your cam is sitting in the case (If you never shut it off manually). This will drian tons of power.

Pred

Predator 1

Reaction score

ignore my ramblings! I neglected to read the whole post beofre I replyed.

My apologies

NGVideo3

Reaction score
Well guys same problem the other two cams I built take all 293 pics on a 64mb card lots of battery left, but I get about 60-80 on the other one and the batteries in the cam are dead!!
All the settings are the same, same batteries, same dip switch settings, etc.
I put another cam in yesterday to try it again then I think I will contact pix to pick their brain!
I also changed the board batteries again but no change!!
I am stumped! Maybe a bad board?? has this happened to anyone?

scott@canoeist.ca

Reaction score
Silly question, is the LCD screen turning on when it takes a picture. I know that drains the bats. fast.

Top Bottom