D370 cards

passgas55

Reaction score
I got my D370 and I need to get some cards for it and a reader.What size cards you using? Any body having any trouble with card readers? I am thinking of getting a 32 or 64 size card but need to know how long it takes on powering up 32 verus 64 since I am leaning to power up then take picture. Walmart sells their card readers for about $28 and their 32 card for about $29. Thanks, David  

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Use 32, and buy it on the web. Someone found a place a week or 2 ago that had them for about $9.00. Whoever found these, please repost the url, or bring the post to the top.

Dobler

Reaction score
newegg has 32 for 11 bucks.  I have an older laptop that only has pc card slots so I also got a reader for 23 bucks that you simply slide the 32 meg card in and it looks like another drive on your computer.  Great and fast service.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Search around on the web some for readers. I founs some once, can't remember where, that were just a head that pluged into the end of a USB cable and were only 7-10 dollars. Don't know how they worked, but looked promosing.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 128 card.  Got a big one for so I could take lots of pictures on vacation, which I did, 315 of them.  

I was talking with Brian and he indicated that card size doesn't matter when using the Olympus cameras because they are always turned on.  With the Canon cameras there's a delay because the board turns the camera on and then the camera needs to detect what card is there.  It takes longer for this to occur with the larger cards, thus the need for smaller cards.

Now, granted, my batteries would probably run out before I fill the card.  I guess I could integrate a power supply using the AC adaptor like Davered1 has described in other threads.

Todd

RSB

Reaction score
I got two 32's when I bought my D-370. About 51 pics each in SHQ image quality.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I have 32's and 64's
problem with the 64's is that lately I just dont seem to have the time to sit and go through al the pics

LW

Reaction score
2 32's, next digital I will get 2 64's so I will have 1 each for each cam.

treestandman2

Reaction score
I have a 32 and a cheap card reader.  Nice thing about the reader is don't have to use camera batteries or plug it in and you can delete the pictures right from the reader without going back through the camera menu.

Top Bottom