d370 flash bleed

carolinahunter

Reaction score
When I take pics with my d370, there is a glare on the pics.  I've tried to put foam around the flash, but it hasn't done any good.  Has anyone else had this problem, and what can I do to fix it?

tomtruck

Reaction score
do you use 2 seperate peices of plexiglass for your lense and flash or just 1 peice that covers both, try seperating the peice into 2 and foam the lense area real good, i use pipe insulation for lense shielding and it works great

carolinahunter

Reaction score
Tomtruck, No actually the front of my case is plexiglass. I tried it that way first and used the foam. Next I cut a hole for the lens. Then I went to town and got a 2 x 3 piece of of glass and cut the other hole out and put the piece of glass over both. Guess I will try seperating the glass. The pics im getting are decent, but with the door open they are great.  Thanks for the help              

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
It is more than likely coming through the inside rather  than the glass.  Some have been using a large rubber o-ring to seal the D370 lens with.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I laminate thin foam in stairsteps and use it around the flash. Have had no problems

carolinahunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! I couldn't find a piece of glass small enough so kept the whole piece. I found a piece of black pipe insulation in my garage and placed it over the flash. It worked perfect!!!! Glued and siliconed everything in place and tested again. I took it to the woods about an hour ago. Wish me luck. I can't thank everyone enough for all the ideas and help that this site has given me.   Thanks!!!

Top Bottom