D380 Trailcam

Outhouse

Reaction score
My first trailcam I built a D380 w/RSS bd. I'm building (3)P32 with UPIX bd. I would like to keep everything standardized(P32) just to make it simpler, memory etc... and I might sell D380 trailcam.

I see some people really like the d380 for trailcam's. I really don't see a need to convert it to a IR setup for my applications.

I'm just looking for opinions from people who have both D380 and P32's... would you keep the D380?

Thanks for your input.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I have 4 D-380 RSS Pix Pelical 1060 cameras. I am now starting up making the Sony P32's but I am not giving up my original cameras. I have lots of SM cards and I know how they work and I have gotten many fine picture from them. They are like an old gun that you know how to shoot well. Why give it up for something new and shiny when it does the job.

Just my
worth. But, I am sure there are plenty here that will take you camera off yours hands.

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
I'm with PaPaBob. I've got (9) 380 setups in addition to my P32s. I would only replace them if they break. I do have (3) 360 setups which I may replace at the end of the year.

Keep it unless you need the money.

Outhouse

Reaction score
I like to simplify my life when I can... like only having to the all the menu functions of 1 camera vs 2 camera, dealing with only one type of memory card, etc...

The simple things in life I guess.

W

wildebeast

The 380 is a very good camera and great for trails. Set a few of mine on fast refresh doing fine on batteries. I use no delay and can get 5 seconds between pics.

Have several 32's and soon will have several 41's but would never get rid of the 380's.

cliff

Plus I can build the 380's for around 150 dollars.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
370/380 setups are golden to me... I wont part with them... Fast Refresh it smoking fast as a trail cam. I could not do without that. Also for IR capability... Its not made anymore and was a special Cam... I would part with my P32's before my 380 setups... My P41's hummmmmm.. that may be a stretch...

Outhouse

Reaction score
JK300- I got a email from a different user name then yours. Was that you? Anyway, I replied back.

OBH,
Does the P41 use the same memory stick as the P32? Was that the micro cam that you(??) made? There might be a deal in the works... I'll have to see what JK300 wants to do(first come, first served).

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
OutHouse,

Yes the P32 P52 and P41 and others in that Line all use the Memory stick...

The Mini Cam was a Minolta X 20... I have to say I am realllly Impressed with this camera, It takes awesome daytime shots. Night shots none yet, Jsut set it out for first time other day, But all tests show great results... I am liking it alot, Im thinking about making several more of them.

This is the Only shot I got of a Deer so far on the X20 setup, But have only had it out for 1 day so far. Its by an Old barn area to the entrance to a Property I have permission to hunt. The Doe was about 45 feet from the cam when it triggered. she must have turned off, because it was the only shot I got.

here it is.

Outhouse

Reaction score
OBH,
I wasn't able too see the pictures. I tried your webshot page but it opened my own webshot.

How much did it cost you to put the x20 together?

How's the 9v battery life on the UPix working out?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom