d7 scouting

FresnoHunter

Reaction score
Anyone make it to d7 for some scouting? I am working a 11 day in arow stretch so didnt make it out this past weekend.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
I was heading to shaver and seen some nice deer.....they even had them fenced in.....LOL.

seeryfly

Reaction score
I need to head up there real soon............ I have not had a chance to do any scouting yet....... Thinking about going way back in the bush this year

Cahunter

Reaction score
seefly, I see you are from Hanford. You ever do much dove hunting there, I will be down there for the opener. My grandparents have ranch there that I am goin go hunt. went last year but only got 8 birds opening morning. There just didn't seem to be alot of birds , but this year my cusin says they are every where. I can't wait to shoot some doves then go to the supirior Dariy for a milk shake.

glgst

Reaction score
saw a few does up arround shaver 2 weeks ago. still havnt decided where Im goin tho....

seeryfly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cahunter@Aug 9 2004, 11:38 PM
seefly, I see you are from Hanford. You ever do much dove hunting there, I will be down there for the opener. My grandparents have ranch there that I am goin go hunt. went last year but only got 8 birds opening morning. There just didn't seem to be alot of birds , but this year my cusin says they are every where. I can't wait to shoot some doves then go to the supirior Dariy for a milk shake.
Have not seen many Doves around. Opening weekend is usually the best. Try to find some water to hunt by.............. I have not decided if I am going to go after any doves this year beacsue last year was a wash for me. Good luck!

Cda55

Reaction score
Around Corcoran the dove hunt looks real good. I can't make the 1st. I haven't missed it in about 15 years. I'll be starting a new job in a week and they don't mind me being gone for my 5 day deer hunt and 8 day elk hunt this year. I can't push it too far. Where is your ranch at? I was raised around here and may know them...... I'll be up in D7 the 20th and 28th, I'll let you know. If you're going for archery it'll be too late.

seeryfly

Reaction score
Had a great still hunt yesterday in D7. Found a nice spot with lots of deer; numerous deer within 10 yards of me. Had one shooter buck come in about 7 yards away. I was in a stand of trees and he couldn't wind me, but new something was not exactly right. He ended up stomping a few times and then walked away where I couldn't get a shot. It was a bit of a bummer, but the experience was awesome.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom