D7 Tags

el hunter

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is D7 tags remaining my sister just got her hunter education certificate this weekend and would like to hunt up that way. Thanks

jackrabbit

Reaction score
There are 1,771 D7 tags available right now. The DFG website has a link to show all tags in all zones still available. D7 usually sells out sometime in August these days -- used to sell out in July. I suggest your sister get the tag as soon as possible. D7 is beautiful country to walk around in -- but beware, there is an ongoing joke on JHO that THERE ARE NO DEER IN D7! I haven't filled my tag lately, so I sometimes wondeer if it is really a joke! Beautiful country though, and I keep hunting it. If a person likes to fish the high country, that is a plus. Good luck to your sis.

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
There are 1,771 D7 tags available right now. The DFG website has a link to show all tags in all zones still available. D7 usually sells out sometime in August these days -- used to sell out in July. I suggest your sister get the tag as soon as possible. D7 is beautiful country to walk around in -- but beware, there is an ongoing joke on JHO that THERE ARE NO DEER IN D7! I haven't filled my tag lately, so I sometimes wondeer if it is really a joke! Beautiful country though, and I keep hunting it. If a person likes to fish the high country, that is a plus. Good luck to your sis.
It's NOT a joke!!! There are NO DEER IN D7!!! Save your tag and hunt somewhere else.....:p

el hunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys I told her theres no deer in D7 thats why i got drawn X9a tag we hunted to much in D7 to only take a couple deer and small deer at that. She called me excited she's finally going to hunt.

559hog

Reaction score
There are no deer in D7.... On a side note, I'll be there opening day for Archery for some unknown reason.

gundogs

Reaction score
There are some deer in D7 , few but some.

I will be there with sharp sticks too.:JHO rocks:

Bryce:patiotic-wavin-flag

huntingbret

Reaction score
I just can't believe the amount of tags they have for D7 this year. It's either they have a lot or hunters are getting smart and not buying the buckless zone tag LOL. Now if it was an open doe zone, don't ever hesistate to get a tag. LOL
I will be up at 8000 feet on opening sharp stick weekend.

gundogs

Reaction score
Huntingbret:
I will most likely be right below you be careful when you shoot I might be in range :confused: I drew a X zone tag but I usually get a a AO tag so I can travel around. I live in D7 and hunt it on public and private land.
We should get a bunch of JHO stick flingers together for a hunt in D7 so we can all complain about the lack of deer here.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
There are more D7 tags still available this year because the commuters from SoCal have finally figured out that there are trophy bucks in D8, lots of them, closer to their home, and D8 never sells out. If I could afford the fuel, I would be hunting D8 every year; but alas, I have to gather aluminum cans to fund my fuel costs, so I am still stuck in my local area -D7, WHERE THERE ARE NO DEER!!

559hog

Reaction score
Huntingbret:
I will most likely be right below you be careful when you shoot I might be in range :confused: I drew a X zone tag but I usually get a a AO tag so I can travel around. I live in D7 and hunt it on public and private land.
We should get a bunch of JHO stick flingers together for a hunt in D7 so we can all complain about the lack of deer here.

That would be funny haha. I'm going to look for my buck, and if I don't see him, I'm driving to blackrock.. You'd be surprised at the amount of deer i saw there on the last day. None :lol bashing sign:

el hunter

Reaction score
Well you D7 hunters good luck i still think bigfoot ran them off. Now on a serious note when hunting the sierras like D7 its all luck and then its about putting the scouting time and hoping no one else scores on the buck you put in the time scouting for. We rarely scout before a hunt me and my dad hunted a week just seeing a couple of does and some guys just get to the area and score 2 bucks in one morning. Well thats enough crying ill see you in D7 next year if i dont get drawn for a x zone again. Someone needs to take out Bigfoot. LOl.....

huntingbret

Reaction score
Huntingbret:

Bryce, you can count on me to keep my eyes out for you. Better yet, make yourself available so I can wave to you to come over and help me drag my buck back to camp. LOL:p

559hog

Reaction score
Bryce, you can count on me to keep my eyes out for you. Better yet, make yourself available so I can wave to you to come over and help me drag my buck back to camp. LOL:p
I'll be there wondering why you're dragging my buck :bag-on-head:

hank4elk

Reaction score
Going back down the hill tomorrow to switch to a D7 if possible,not that I've seen many,just stiffling in Azone. I agree about scouting and expecting the same bigboy to be in area at all after the start of hunting season. Not likelyIMHO unless your real lucky.They dissapear ,there are no deer in D7

559hog

Reaction score
My brother just got back from the mountains and said there was a local forked buck hanging around a campsite. Saw him 3 nights in a row following the same trail. I don't believe him though as I know THERE ARE NO DEER IN D7!

huntingbret

Reaction score
Lots of deer in D7 guys. You just have to know where to look. LOL

Banned
Reaction score
Going back down the hill tomorrow to switch to a D7 if possible,not that I've seen many,just stiffling in Azone. I agree about scouting and expecting the same bigboy to be in area at all after the start of hunting season. Not likelyIMHO unless your real lucky.They dissapear ,there are no deer in D7
Hank I think the DFG office on closed on Fridays now with all the cutbacks............but I'm not 100% sure of that

Common Sense

Reaction score
DFG in Fresno is closed most Fridays and will not issue tags or licenses after 4:30pm other days!

Top Bottom