D8 help

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
I got a D8 tag for my first year, I got my area narrowed down to the portugese pass/ Greenhorn Mtn area. An advice on the area or previous experience with the area would be much appreciated. You could email me at kenarnold@csufresno.edu. Thanks

D8hntr

Reaction score
That area is a good start. Also try the Frog Meadow area and Tobias lookout area. Get off the roads as this area really gets pounded with road hunters.

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, hopefully not to many dedicated people will hike in the dark like I will..

asskickink5

Reaction score
D8hunter is spot on.... that area will be loaded up with people cruisin the roads. there are typically a few bucks taken out there though so of course your chances are just as good as the next guy. i believe there was a mongoloid buck taken off of greenhorn a few years ago during archery too. tiger flats might be worth checkin out too since you will be in that area

asskickink5

Reaction score
yea sorry... it was HUGE. it made the newspaper in porterville.... 6x6 or 6x7 i think.

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
Prohunter, you got any advice??? From what I have seen you are the guy who knows this zone..

prohunter

Reaction score
during bow season the above places can be real good. I have taken a couple out of those areas and missed more. The roads can be crowded but seldom see many people off the road.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom