D8 Zone hunting opinions wanted

Reaction score
I was wanting to ask opinions on D8 hunting areas since there are now fires going on all around the sierras

Do you think the northern part of d8 or Kings Canyon-Freeeway 180 will be a good area, closer to the big fires...

Or the southern part of D8 or Sequioa Freeway 190 down to the southern part of D8 towards Bakersfield/Kern River...

What would be my best bet... Never hunted during fires...

Any and all opinions and pointers are greatly appreciated...

Thanks! Mike:patiotic-wavin-flag

Mass-n-trash

Reaction score
I have seen deer return to a burn when some hot spots were still smoldering. The fire itself isn't going to push the deer all that far...it's all the activity around the fire lines that seems to bother the animals more than anything. With the normal restrictions associated with an active fire, you will be forced to stay some distance away anyway. I know nothing about D8 but, if you have a spot picked out already, and it’s away from all the hoopla...I would say go for it.

Good luck!

firefishhunt

Reaction score
No major fires burning in d8 that I know of right now. Some old burns from earlier this summer, unless one just started, which they always do. Shouldn't have to worry. Good luck

savagehunter

Reaction score
Yeah im getti g ready for this weekend and I have never been to d8 so maybe ill see something around alder creek area

PCguy760

Reaction score
headed up to d8 tonight , leaving from san diego county , probably stay in Porterville or somewhere tonight then up into the mountains, got some tips from an old timer on spots to go to based on fires , got deer , bear , bobcat tags , maybe see a bigfoot too :panic:

Reaction score
Went up above Hume this weekend and saw no tracks or signs of any bucks. went down to around 3 and 4 thousand feet and saw tons of fresh tracks but no deer! was in the Sampson flat area... Any one have any luck in D8 on the opener?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom