Dad's Custom Box Calls.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I wanted to pass along this story about Jerry White from Dads Custom Calls.

After a lengthy discussion regarding box calls this spring with Tim Herald I decided to make it a point to use one. Don't get me wrong, I own about 15 different box calls and the first call I ever owned/used was a Lynch World Champion. I just never had much luck and never stuck with them long enough to give them a chance.

So I packed my vest this spring for Florida I made sure I have a box call chalked and ready. Get there with time to roost the evening before opening day. Got 1 gobbler to respond and can get to within 300 yards of him. To make a long story short I used my box call and had two gobblers come strutting in 1.5hrs after daylight. I was excited about my newfound weapon, the box call.

I had a chance prior to the season to see quite a few calls by call makers at the NWTF National Convention in Charlotte. So many to choose from. Being unemployed since November 2001 I have to watch how I spend money on toys and didn't purchase any there but a few stuck with me. One in particular was Dads Custom box calls.

So I recently purchased one through Midwest. I received the calls a couple days later and opened it up. Very well built good-looking call made of Mahogany and Cherry. I had to start playing with it right away. One side sounded great but the other sounded god-awful. Not sure what was up I chalked it and tried again. Same thing. Sounded terrible to me.

It was the last one Midwest had, so I called Jerry White, Dad of Dads Custom calls. His first comment to me was "Whatever is wrong, I'll make it right". He then asked me to use it over the phone for him and he agreed with me about how it sounded. He offered some tips on adjusting the call, sanding and lid position, but said if I wasn't happy to send it back to him and he's fix it. I played with it and couldn't make it better. So in the mail it went.

Yesterday I got a package back from Dads. In it was one of the prettiest calls I have ever seen along with a hand written note from Jerry White instructing me to try it and then call him and tell him what I thought.

Well the call sounds even better than it looks. It is without question the best looking and sounding box call I have. Like I said I have at least 15 different ones. I thought in this day and age of mass production and the O'mighty dollar here was someone who would stand behind his product without question. And I wanted to share that with other turkey hunters. If your looking for a custom box call and are on limited or unlimited funds and want a call that is guaranteed to sound good you, cannot go wrong with a Dads Custom call.

http://www.dadscalls.com/ Phone 912-375-DADS.

I am not getting paid to post this other than by getting good service, and wanted to do some word of mouth advertising for that good service/product.

Tominator

Reaction score
It's definitely good to hear that people will still stand behind their product. I can't attest to their sound but I've seen some pics and they are good looking boxes!
Tominator

killinturks

Reaction score
no doubt about it, those are purty. but i would be afraid that the fat man would sit on it.
p.s. the fat man would be me

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Tominator >> It was reassureing to hear him say he'd make it right. That's the most money I have ever spent on a box call that I intend to take to the woods and was a little disapointed when I heard it. It is a great sounding box call.

Killinturks >> Yeah don't think that hasn't crossed my mind too. I once paid more for a box call I intended on re-selling. When I got it home it sounded so good I didn't want to sell it. But then I thought how sick I'd be if I took it out in the woods and sat or stepped on it or lost it somewhere.
I ended up re-selling it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom