Dangerous Win22 mag cartridge.

shrewster56

Reaction score
Hey everyone is there anyone who has a phone # or email addy for winchester ammo? The other day i bought a box of winchester superx 40 gr jhps with the gray tip at wall mart and went out to shoot gophers and after about 20 shots i picked a shell out of the box and felt a sharp edge on this shell.On inspection i found that the jacket was pushed back away from the bullet on one side of the case and a small crack between the bullet and case but not big enough for the powder to escape.On the side the wrinkle you could feel with your fingers.My god im glad i didnt chamber and shoot this cartridge.Will attach a picture once i figure out how lol..Yours truely shrewster56

IK13

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shrewster56 @ Aug 1 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey everyone is there anyone who has a phone # or email addy for winchester ammo? The other day i bought a box of winchester superx 40 gr jhps with the gray tip at wall mart and went out to shoot gophers and after about 20 shots i picked a shell out of the box and felt a sharp edge on this shell.On inspection i found that the jacket was pushed back away from the bullet on one side of the case and a small crack between the bullet and case but not big enough for the powder to escape.On the side the wrinkle you could feel with your fingers.My god im glad i didnt chamber and shoot this cartridge.Will attach a picture once i figure out how lol..Yours truely shrewster56
[/b]
Good you caught it.
Though if I understand what you're describing, I'm pretty sure that if you were able to chamber it (I mean - without knowing), it probably would have fired without causing any damage.

shrewster56

Reaction score
Thanks IK13 im i was able to contact them and will talk to them in morning.Here is a picture at a lower res so the file size will send.One picture shows the tool marks on one side and the other picture shows the metal pulled away from the jaket on the other.Hope it will attach? Shrew.

Attachments

Top Bottom