Date/Time Stamp issues

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I just got a new roll back, and I can't hardly make out any of the date/time stamps. I have never had this problem before, usually just a few pics taken in the snow are hard to see. Most of the time I use Kodak Max 400, this time I was using Fuji 400 film and I took it to Wal-Mart, who uses a Fuji processing lab. Could this be from the machine, film, people running the machine? It really makes having the date/time stamp useless when you can't read it. Good thing it's not hunting season yet!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I hope you figure it out, I hate it when Mine don't show, which is a lot!

Tinhorn

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I have that happen sometimes on mine.I haven't thought about it being the film.I use Kodak 400 most of the time but I have used fuji if I get a good buy.When I get home I will look and see.I always write down what film I use on the back of the pics.Keep us posted.

JoelM

Reaction score
I don't keep track of the kind of film I use. I do have the same problem seeing the date though. I will try to keep track for a while and see if there is a pattern to the maddness.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
I just got two rolls developed - 1 Fuji and 1 Kodak.  They both seemed to do equally well in printing the Time/Date.  I have had trouble at times as well, but attribute it mostly to the local dead foliage this time of year which blends well with the orange time stamp.  Was also very please with the quality of the Fugi, and will be using it from here on out unless I run into problems.

spotty

Reaction score
Coyote,          

That's the same thing that's happened to the last couple rolls that I've had developed.  I've been using Polaroid 400 film that Wal-Mart had on sale. I also had them developed at the one hour lab at Wal-Mart.   I don't understand how the film or processor could affect the time/date stamp. My camera checks out OK, meaning I can see the light in the door when I jump the poles for the stamp. I also had the stamp's battery checked. The battery had a charge the same as new.  I've not had my camera out lately to try the next roll, but will get it out in the next couple of days.

I just made a call to Wal-Mart's one hour photo lab. I asked them if of their equipment could alter or affect the the stamp on the photo.  They said their equipment shouldn't affect any thing like that. They've never had anyone ask that question or known of any problem like this.     They ask if the negative has the stamp on it. I'll have to check mine when I get home (I'm at work as of this writing).  

Coyote......     What kind of camera are you using?   The one I'm having trouble with the stamp is an OWL AF w/round dial.  As you mentioned, it used to put the stamp on but I noticed that it was kind-of faded for a few pics. Now there is nothing. :confused-yellow:

This may warrant a call to Cannon to see if they have any suggestions.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
it seems i remember reading something about moving where it prints th e time date on the pic which may be affected by the light conditions. i never really looked into it because it didnt explain it well. sometimes mine prints fine and sometimes i cant see it but it seems to not show if the light is bright in that area (bottom right). i have two owl pf dates.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
spotty,

My setups are using the OWL PF's, I have two in use right now, but I haven't checked the other one yet to see if it is doing the same thing. I think most of the pics have a slightly visible time/date stamp present, but it seems to be a combination of the groundcover, (dead oak leaves), lighting, (Sunlight, or Flash), and possibly the film/processing. I have to go through my negatives to see what they look like. Before the time/date stamp seemed to be a darker redish-orange, now it seems like a very light colored orange, not sure why? Too bad it doesn't print the date/time on the back of the photo instead. Darn, I was really hoping someone would have the answer to this one!

Munce27520

Reaction score
I agree with Gumboyaya, I remember the same post he refers to. Basically there are two issues. Batteries are low on the Date and Time Stamp or just the forest floor background. The post indicated if possible to try and get a solid dark object to be in the lower right corner of the frame so that the stamp would be legiable. Maybe we could test with a small piece of tape or something on the lens itself to accomplish this as we cannot always find a tree stump to be positioned in this corner of the pic. frame.

Gobbler

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem.  Just figured that the time/date battery was going out.  Will try to replace it but have another rewinding problem to figure out first.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Gonna come up with something for this but for now I haven't figured out the best way to do it.

EEprom storage of time and date so forth.  Need a computer to get it though.

Lots of issues to take care of for such a simple task.

(Edited by Brian at 12:51 pm on April 10, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom