DATE/TIME STAMP

spotty

Reaction score
I had a roll developed this evening that was only in the camera roughly 24 hours. Every pic on the roll was taken after dark.  Each pic had deer in them but there were no time/date stamp on the pics.

The camera is an Owl AF with the round dial selector on the front. The pics were dark enough in the lower right hand corner for the stamp to show up.

I read in a previous post that the little bar had to be over the date. Does the bar have to be over the date only or can it be over the time?  When I took the cam out to remove the film I noticed the bar was over the time, not the date, but the bar was definately there. The led window displays the time and date on the camera, as it should.  I jumped the two poles inside the camera's door and the light for the led lit up. This tells me (I think) that the batteries are ok. If it's not the bar's position over the date, I guess it almost has to be the batteries.  

Any suggestions as to why the stamp doesn't show?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
hello spotty,

If you have the bar in the date/time window the camera is set to print the date on the pics.

The AA batteries just do the flash and rewind/wind of the film. The date function works off a flat battery like those in a watch. I can't remember exactly where it is so check your owner's manual on where the flat battery is and check the voltage on it. They are supposed to last for 5 years but some of these cameras have been on warehouse shelves for a year or two already.

If the flat battery is good and you still don't get time/date. check the contacts from the camera to the film door where the film date is.

After that, it would have to be a bad camera I think.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

spotty

Reaction score
Spectr, Thanks for the reply. The battery almost has to be the culprit. I checked the contacts from the door to the cam's body. Everything looks good there. I checked the battery, which is in the door near the latch. I cleaned the battery poles and contacts with an eraser. I don't have a battery tester (yet) but I can take the battery to Wal-Mart. They will check watch batteries so I'm sure they'll check this one (hopefuly).    I'll post a follow-up of what I find out. Maybe others are or will have the same problem. 

davered1

Reaction score
spotty,

easy way to test battery is to jump the two contacts on the door. if you jump with any piece of metal you should be able to see a light in the window in top right corner of open door. if you have no light then battery needs to be replaced.

battery is probably your problem

spotty

Reaction score
davered1,  

I have jumped the two posts in the door and I did get a light. I'm thinking the battery may still have enough juice to light the led in the door but not enough to print on the pics.  I'm having the battery tested today.  I'll report back with my findings.      

Later....

davered1

Reaction score
spotty,

Interesting... That light is what puts the stamp on picture. If you have a light and bar is showing in LED, only thing left is dirty cotacts, which you pointed out you cleaned. Were they dirty?

Let us know how you made out

spotty

Reaction score
Wal-Mart tested the battery for me, it's got the power of a new battery.  Hopefuly cleaning the contacts will put the stamp back on.  The contacts were not visibly dirty, but who knows. I bought the camera new, and the stamp battery had never been removed until yesterday.  Maybe my next roll of pics will have the stamp. If it doesn't, I guess I've got a bumm camera. It takes great pics though.  I've got a couple of the PF's that I need to wire up. I'll put one of them in the AF's place.    

Wish me luck!

Later

davered1

Reaction score
Spotty,

If camera doesn't work next roll take a piece of tinfoil and place it between contacts to short so light is showing.

Close door and run a roll through to see if it will stamp.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom