Dave

Bow Runner

Reaction score
sorry this was ment for Brian not dave.

You mentioned on one of your posts that this camera would not be a good choice if you were going to put it on trails, should instead put it on bait piles et.

How long of an delay is there between when it is tripped and when it takes a picture.  

Need to know because i would almost exclusivly use it on trails now that cwd has hit wi and baiting is illegal.

would you suggest me getting this cam if i am going to just use it on trails.

if not does anyone have any alternitive digitals to use.

(Edited by Bow Runner at 10:14 am on July 10, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
The S100 is at just less than 3 seconds with a smaller compact flash card inside.  Larger compact flash cards will increase this time.  I would not recommend this one to be used on trails.

Looks like the D-370 is the solution for trail use.   There is a lot of information on the site on the D-370

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
That is a tuff question.  Any time in my opinion you buy a refurbished camera you take a chance. You have to weigh the odds and check the facts on how it was repaired so forth.  Some refurbished have warranties with them so they would be fine.

Might want to check with the person you are buying one from and see what their return policy is.

I think this is a person by person basis.  I have not but I have considered it especially when it comes to taking apart a digital for the first time.

Bow Runner

Reaction score
i think that i am going to buy the d370  

there was a link that listed it for $98 a while back that still has it for that.  

I think i might print it out and take it into office max or a staples and see if they will honer it.

I saw that dbworld has a picture of the cam wireing but i was wondering if anybody can tell me how to make the connecter so that i can unplug it from the box and use it for a regular camera.  

Anybody have any suggestions

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Bow Runner, check out my webshots> I use a 3 wire connector you can get at an automotive parts store. I have a pic that may help.

370 cam

Bow Runner

Reaction score
MCinIL

I can't get your link to work.  could you post the picture right on the site.

jayber

Reaction score
Hey Brian, can a refresh be used on the S100/110?  I know the battery life would suffer, but could it make a week or more?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Jayber,

No.  The S100 has an option of turning the auto power down feature off.  I did this one night to see if the battery was still good over a period of time.  The next morning the battery was dead.  I even turned the display off and everything.

The D-370 is somehow going into sleep mode when not used before turning off which allows it to use less power.

Has anyone checked to see just how many pictures the D-370 will take on one battery charge.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Used my D-370 on vacations.  Took about 250 pics before I changed the batteries.  It seemed to be taking longer to take a picture, a couple seconds till the shutter went off.  I don't know if it was the batteries or not.  I could have probably kept on going over 300.  My LCD was off as well as the beep.  Used the flash very little.  Mostly outside pictures.

The camera was not on continuously either.

Todd

Top Bottom