Davered1

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Dave did you ever modify the Fuji 90 you posted about back in Oct.?

Butch

davered1

Reaction score

I tried some batteries in that cam and couldn't get it to work without me hacking it to start with. I bought it off Ebay with a couple other cameras.

I had the one on jesse's front page.It needed a refresh so it didn't bother me much that it didn't work anyway, But now with those timer chips it's a different story.

kmitch

Reaction score
I've done several Fuji Discovery 90's. I'll try to post the directions. They are easier to modify that the OWL but the range of thr flash is limited.

Keith

Tinhorn

Reaction score
kmitch,

Good Job on the Report, excellent really.......

Tinhorn

kmitch

Reaction score
I'll try to post some pictures.  I have one of about six turkeys, at least four are toms, that I took last December over a food plot. At the end of deer season I set up two blinds to hunt turkey over that food plot this spring. I went back last weekend and the food plot was gone, as in the plants had disappeared. So of course the turkeys were no longer coming around.

I don't use a refresh pulse. My understanding is the refresh keeps the flash fully charged and keeps the camera from going to sleep. The Discovery 90's don't go to sleep when left on and I've never felt a great need to top off the flash charge.

Keith

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey kmitch,
If I understand your page correctly, I could use a two wire system on the Discovery 90. The way I'm thinking I could jumper between the purple and white wires (conection 1 and 2 on your page) and run one wire from either of those two and one from the common connection. When the two wires are shorted together the camera should fire. Tell me if I'm completely off track on this. I definately appreciate your leg work on this cam.

kmitch

Reaction score
Pgumby68,

You are correct. The white and purple can be connected internally and only two wires brought out. I'm working from memory, but as I recall the camera will still work as a conventional camera with a two wire connection.

Keith

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice job on the Fuji mod webpage kmitch. I stuck a link up to your webpage on my camera webpage so people can find your mod.

Top Bottom