• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Dead Heads in California?

Revo2811

Interesting I would pick it up. Won’t claim it as trophy but will make a nice decoration. I don’t think it’s legal. You can’t can’t even pick up pine cones.

Fredezee

From what I have read in the DFW Q&A, it is LEGAL to pick up Deer Skulls with antlers attached EXCEPT in local regional parks where you can NOT even take shed antlers. Also, EXCEPT for Big Horn sheep skulls (horns) and Elk Skulls with antlers attached are NOT legal to collect. During hunting season, it still is legal to collect deer skulls with antlers but you will have some explaining to do. Make sure there are no fresh flesh or skin on it. Those are the red flags.

Fredezee

Search "collecting antlers" in their Q&A. There is no provision prohibiting collecting of skulls with antlers attached (Except Big Horn Sheep). I believe Elk is allowed. Collecting is prohibited in wildlife refuges, local parks. Public and private land, OK. This post/question was from 2012. So it may have changed now.

Top Bottom