Dead horse

rh44mag

Reaction score
I have never owned a climber before. Where I plan to hunt this year it think is would be helpful. I have searched the archives and found the choice brand seems to be Summit with the viper xls in the lead for model. My question is does anyone own a viper and a tree lounge? I would like to hear a side by side comparison. I know the treel lounge cost half again as much but is it half again better? I watched one of the tree lounge videos and it appeared to be a decent stand but then again they did make the video. Let's hear what you thinkl.

Fred Bear

Reaction score
the tree lounge is big and heavy. I dont think the tree lounge puts you in a good sitting position for bow hunting but it sure looks comfortable. Go with the summit.

3D4ME

Reaction score
Rh44mag;

I really do not recommend the TreeLounge. There is nothing wrong with the quality or stability of the stand. It is bulky to carry into the woods and sticks out from the tree too far. If you watch the video closely, you climb facing the tree with the web seat between your legs. When you get to the desired height you lock the stand down then have to stand on the web seat to get turned around to hunt. Not the safest thing to do twenty foot up in a tree. Also on the video they climb trees with nothing around the tree. I have very few places in the woods where there is not another tree or cover close to the tree I climb. The viper will pack in the woods better and allow you climb trees without having to have a clear lane all the way up the tree.
You did not say if this was primarily a gun stand or gun/bow combo. For gun hunting either stand will work. With a bow the viper will be the better choice. I have a Big Shot stand and use it as a gun/bow combo. You can sit either facing the tree or with your back to the tree. It has a large platform for bow hunting and is very stable on the tree. Check them out at www.buckshot-stands.com. Just a little more information you can use to help make your decision. Regardless of which stand you pick just make sure you get a good quality safety belt. Any of the name brand stands will serve you well, but without a safety belt they all can get you in trouble. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Bullman

Reaction score
I use the tree lounge, and would say if you only want to hunt for a couple of hours get the summit. The tree lounge weights 19 lbs. + the weight of ant accessories you put on it. As far as bow hunting goes it not difficult to hunt from at all because you can change the angle from 90 to 45 dgrees to suit your needs, also if thats not go enough you can get the steep angle seat that helps get into position. I have yet to find the need to stand up to shoot my bow out of it, all my shots have been from a seated position. I will spend all day in the woods (12 hrs) and do not get fatigued at all unlike sitting upright all day. If my tree lounge ever breaks or wears out and I can not replace it, I may become a ground hunter because the tree lounge has soiled me. Just my two cents

vineyardhunter

Reaction score
here is my 2 cents. I have two summit vipers, best climber around, its real easy to fall asleep its so comfy, I have gear bags on both sides, I keep everything I neep in them, including a pull rope, its always ready! I just got a bow holder to add on. I have shot standing and sitting, comes with an outstanding restraint system, easy to use, I think they are using a rope now that u attach the prussic knot to and slide it up as you go. I started to do that with my ladder stands several years ago. I have all the tapes tree lounge puts out, seems way to bulky and you are way out from the tree. let up know what you get.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom