Death reports as Chinese police open fire on monks and nuns

easymoney

Reaction score
"Hundreds of monks, nuns and local Tibetans who tried to march on a local government office in western China to demand the return of the Dalai Lama have been turned back by paramilitary police who opened fire to disperse the crowd. "

"Local residents of Luhuo said two people – a monk and a farmer – appeared to have been shot dead and about a dozen were wounded in the latest violence to rock Tibetan areas of China."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3612661.ece

Time to boycott the Olympics and stop buying goods from the chicoms. BUY AMERICAN...
Anyone who doubts what their intentions are, has their tinfoil hat on a little too tight...

pbrdog

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EL CAZADOR @ Mar 24 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sounds like Tibets problem, not ours.[/b]
Exactly. It's China, not the US. People would cringe at the stuff they do there that doesn't make the news. That's why I think these US bashers should spend some time over there and see just how bad the US really is. They'd shut their pie holes when they got back.

Can you imagine how China would deal with an "illegal immigrant" protest in their country? LOL I'd like to see some chollo cruising around there sporting a mexican flag.

easymoney

Reaction score
My point was that we do support them, by buying all our cheap wallyworld crap and the rest of the cut price discount junk... Buy American and if it says made in china pass on it.
Very simple protest and effective... And they killed nuns and priests, the original emissaries of peace.

And pbrdog, they would react like all other countries including mexico, very seriously...

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
just remember that buying American means at least 50% of the cost of the product was incurred in the USA.

chuam

Reaction score
I don't say this often but I'm with you on this Easy.

If we are truly trying to bring democracy to countries (like Iraq) then we need to have the same stance on other countries like Tibet.

China has an appaling human rights record and we need hold them accountable for it.

One of the biggest problems we have is that we have pretty much funded the war in iraq because of China (who do you think is buying up the debt we're running to fund the war?). You won't see anything strongly worded out of this administration as the chinese could sink our economy by dumping the debt.

Top Bottom