Deer are pretty but coyotes aren’t

robNhood

Reaction score
In the suburban setting in which I live, years ago to see a deer or turkey was an oddity. Through out the recent years the deer population has exploded to the point that the Missouri Department of Conservation has been relocating deer, with some success, but there has been a high mortality rate. The residents were upset to say the least. They love their cute little deer (some of which have now grown to Pope & Young class… easy). By the way, there is no hunting allowed in these suburban settings of St. Louis.

I was watching the news this morning and had to laugh a little. The same residents, who don’t want their overpopulated and malnourished deer messed with, are under attack by coyotes. They are attacking the family dogs, and in general, doing what coyotes do…hunt!

Several people say the carry baseball bats when they go outside because the coyotes are so bold, attacking the family pets at all hours of the day.

They do not understand! They want someone to do something! They killed my fluffy!

Well, I think that coyotes are cute too! You can’t relocate them, who want's um! I guess that these certain suburbanites are just going to have to live with them.

(Edited by robNhood at 7:04 am on Aug. 24, 2001)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom