deer calls

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Do any of you use calls for mule deer? Last year I tried a fawn in distress call for A23 and it worked well.I had 3 does come running out of the brush. I somehow got over the shock and excitement and managed to shoot the largest one. After this I would like to try a grunt call this season. I have an A31 tag this year and would like to try to call a buck. What have you had luck with?       Scott

Fubar

Reaction score
grtwythunter  Be careful when you use calls especially a fawn distress call. They can also call in mountain lions and other predators. I have had friends tell me they had luck using rattlin for calling in bucks though i have never used them myself.      Fubar

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Fubar-   I always keep a large tree at my back and keep my eye out! Shortly after I shot my deer the coyotes showed up. Kind of nerve wracking to have eyes in the bushes while field dressing a deer in the dark!!!        Scott

polecat55

Reaction score
i've been buying the ones at the stores--but they don't seem to be working. maybe someone can help make one.

coyote170

Reaction score
You might try cannon country they have a web site sorry dont have it handy
they really work!!!

kingpossum

Reaction score
<font face="Book Antiqua"></font><font size="5"></font><font color="Black"></font>

i think if you're getting one for your hubby, (or yourself) , you should check out the phantom caller, i'm sure that a local bass pro, or other hunting shop would have something you'd like...:king:

polecat55

Reaction score
hey, kingpossum, are hinting in case your wife is reading this? how much does one cost anyway?:birthday::smile-wink:

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I'm with GTB, the True Talker. Sounds good and can make several sounds without making any changes to the call.

Good Luck.

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
kingpossum,

I don't think you or anyone needs to spend alot of money on a call like that!  All you need to do is grab a True Talker and a tape of deer sounds and the reason the make the sounds and start replicating the sounds w/ your true talker!  The fact of the matter is that if a deer is going to come to a call, you grunting w/ a call is better than pressing a button! I think people need to listen to tapes and practice w/ your call instead of taking the easy way out! To me it is more fun to know you grunted the buck in rather than the phantom!  I grunted my first buck in 3 years ago and it was the most exciting experience I have ever encountered in the woods!  Just an opion!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom