DEER CAM GONE

Hey Boy

Reaction score
 I went to check my first Homebrew DeerCam and it was gone. I double checked the surrounding trees and no cam.  I have permission to hunt this unbelievable property where I hung it. (1150 acres, 10-15 houses, tons of deer) I immediatley went to the caretakers house,  which is not on the property. He was smiling when he anwsered the door. He knows how I camo my chains and the type of locks I use on my stands.  Anyways he was rabbit hunting w/ his son and came across it. He waved his barrle across the front of the PIR but the metal was the same temp. as ambient and it did not trigger. He proceeded to look directly at the cam. and it flashed in his face. He took his sweet 16 GA  and blasted the chain. The chain did not sheer, the corner of the box ripped off.  I used cable clamp U-bolts  5/16 Dia. w/ washers and lock nuts. I U-bolted the chain to one side and bring the chain around the tree and lock the tightest link to the U-bolt w/ the lock. This works very well. 

I ended getting the cam. got another box all together, all camoed up ready to hang tomorrow, Wed 9th.
The pictures went like this 1) hoovey 9 or 10 pt.  1) 8 pt. 1) forkey  4-5 does several to far away to identify AND 1 CARETAKERS HEAD SIDEWAYS  HAHA!!

I'm addicted  THANKS SO MUCH,   HEY BOY

gizz

Reaction score
?
Was the caretaker gonna take it?
How'd you get it back?
Why did he shoot it?
?

Possum

Reaction score
Why did he shoot it?  Did he know it was yours before he shot it?  Just curious.  Maybe he was blinded by the flash and heard a rabbit come by?:smile-blue

knothead

Reaction score
if i had permission to hunt i think i would want to know why he shot it also.dont sound like a caretaker i want for my land.

quackmaster

Reaction score
you know those rabbits can climb up into hollow trees, maybe he thought a rabbit was taking his picture :tongue-green:

(Edited by quackmaster at 1:51 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)

Hey Boy

Reaction score
This guy has worked  for this assoc. for 30 years. He started out mowing the fields at the age of 12. He has many intruders and tresspassers.He is payed to keep people out. In this case he shot first and asked  questions later. He wasn't upset, didn't even mind. Whenever he finds something that he hasn't given permission for  he takes it. I told hom the people paying his salary are definetly getting thier money worth.  He's got a lot of area to cover and he does, on top of runnig a 5 man crew.

Hey Gizz
 1)  he was gonna keep it if I didn't  go get it from him.
2)  Igot it back by going to his house on Sunday Morning.  He was smiling when he saw me on his steps.
3) He shot it becuase he normally doesn't carry around bolt cutters while he is rabbit hunt'in with his son.

It is easier to ask for permission than it is to beg for forgiveness.

It is my fault that I didn't ask him.
He cut a chain and took a stand of mine when I crossed a field.  Big bumma when I went to the stand and it was gone so I sat in a wedge across the field and a rather large buck came out the run. I would have been right under me.

Well anyways the Homebrew lives on and is in a tree now.

Does anybody have a good source for the  Canon Owl AF?

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
Kmart and Target if you have them in your area.

(Edited by STR8SHTR at 10:46 am on Jan. 13, 2002)

(Edited by STR8SHTR at 10:47 am on Jan. 13, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom