Deer do weird things sometimes

StringShooter

Reaction score
I have seen deer do some weird things at times. Once while scouting in a creek bottom, I heard a faint sound, looked to my right and saw a dandy buck crawling out of the creek and up the ridge. He was on his knees and belly just zipping through the cover like a ghost.

I have seen them scratching about every part of their body, walking backward (kind of moon walk style), licking stumps and one spike buck decided to rub his butt on my ladder stand.

Any interesting sightings for anyone else?

coyote170

Reaction score
THey are all special in their own way but the two times I have seen them
fighting has been pretty neat 2nd time was a knock down drag out the
eight pointer came out on top the six got agood working over maybe
next year will be his turn!!:sunglasses-yellow:

wolverine

Reaction score
I wouldn't say this is as much weird as it is an example of youthful curiosity.  I was about twelve and due to my inexperience hadn't dressed warm enough for the hunt. It was dark, I was freezing, and I was walking kinda hunched over to the house when I came up on a young doe.  I walked to within fifteen feet of her before I noticed her  (Once again, I was cold, walking hunched over and looking at the ground). She flicked her tail and began circling me trying to figure out what I was. I turned as she circled and this continued for a minute or so before I decide to get on to the house. When I kinda straightened up she bounded off a few yards and stopped. She stood there flicking her tail as I walked off.  It's a shame those monster bucks aren't that curious.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom