Deer Hunting Idaho

sean english

I've never hunted Idaho. Neither have I ever hunted deer. Thinking of getting into it. Since Nevada is all lottery, I am looking at southern parts of Idaho (proximity to northern Cali is important) So far I have learned that the area i might be interested in is called Magic Valley or Southewest Regions. Anybody here has any knowledge they can share?

solus

The southern part of idaho is a draw becaise its a trophy only area. I believe you are talking about the jordan valley area. If you are then its a special hunt area. There is lots of deer there but if memory is correct then you can only kill 3x3 or above in that area. Check the regs to make sure

Brnsvllyjohn

If you push it you can make Soda Springs or Pocatello area in 12-14 hours. I drive straight through on the way home but usually stop on the road on the way over. I hate trying to set up camp the dark. Others in the group don't stop. That southeast corner is a general tag. I buy it in Twin Falls on the way. You can buy the general tag in almost any town. Twin Falls has just become a normal stop for me. There are faster routes but I like going through Jackpot and then Twin Falls towing the travel trailer.

sean english

Looking at doing it again this year. Didnt make it last year.Spoke to f&g this morning. Want to hunt the south west corner. its the closest to Cali and I dont know about it as much as I dont know about the rest of the state.From what I understood, you can get a general tag and get only a two pointer or you can apply in August and see ifyou get drawn for anything better.

TREX-1911

Hey Sean, my names Mark I’m trying to plan to hunt Idaho myself this year. I haven’t decided which unit though. I have a couple friends that live in Idaho for the last 10-15 years. I’m gonna give them a call soon. I was trying to hunt it last year but didn’t do very much research on the units. Are you going solo ? Archery or general? I’m also hoping to elk hunt this year too. BTW I live in Manteca

Last edited:

Top Bottom