Deer pictured with Digital Camera

Curtiss

Reaction score
This deer pictured last night at around 0200 hrs on 12-30-01. The camera system one that I just started testing. It uses the DSC-S85 Sony digital camera. The flash is not that good, but I will have that fixed by the end of next week. The camera will take (200 pictures in fine grade, with 1280x960), (786 pictures in fine grade at 640x480). (132 pictures at 1600x1200), and (64 pictures at 2272x1704)
   Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmulley

Reaction score
Boy, Curtiss, if that's it, that is a pretty nice quality pic to me.  Also a nice healthy looking buck.  Is it a pretty involved thing to get around the sleep or autooff mode on these digital cameras?  What about the battery life?

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hey bmully, this camera will sleep, but it can be tricked. I use a 18 amp battery, because the digitals, are battery getters. I don't know how long the system will run on this battery, but I will know soon. I will leave it running in the woods till the battery is dead.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi curtiss, bmulley,
Since you are into the digital cams, you might check some older posts from 'Brian' regarding circuits to operate the digital cam functions - he worked out some nice control logic.

Archilochus

Memory Loss

Reaction score
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!  Are they all that size?  When do you want me to come to hunt with you?  That is a clear picture.

hucklburry

Reaction score
And the thing with the digital cam I bought for my girlfriend (canon powershot a10) is that the camera sets the flash on the deer in the pic, thats why its all dark behind it.  We were taking a pic of my dog, had him pointing a tennis ball. Well, with the tennis ball in the frame, the flash goes off and the ball looks great (like the buck here) and the dog is very dark.  Take the tennis ball out of the frame and the dog looks just fine, like it should.  So the flash and the camera go after the closest image and the rest behind it is dark, in my limited experience, this dig cam wont be in a game cam for some time if ever.

--Jim

gtk

Reaction score
Nice pic..

Does that deer look like it's already made a trip to the taxidermist's to anyone else ??

Curtis.. You don't have any friends who would pull a trick on you, do you ?

Anyway.. Nice pic. Keep'm coming.

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
Either way you look at it.  It's a great looking deer.  Looks like a good quality pic.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Knobby, I too was thinking the same thing.  Either that, or those deer sure no how to pose!

wapiti

Reaction score
Looks like a mount to me also.  Nice pic though.

mkacala697

Reaction score
i think youve been tricked curtiss, look at the way the nose looks so dry and the ears are so perfectly up

hey maybe im wrong though

GWHunter

Reaction score
Mounted was my first thought when I saw this pic.

Look at the apparent Y and seam down the back of the neck that is a little different color.

I dunno?

Advertisement

Top Bottom