Deer Season is about to start and I'm excited

shadow

Reaction score
I just can't wait anymore.  The excitement is getting tough to handle and I still have about a month to wait.  My WhiteTail season for bow starts the 28th of September so needless to say that I will be at my hunting spot the 27th.

When does your season start?

woodseye

Reaction score
Our bow season opens Sept. 27 and gun season opens Oct. 27. Already putting up stands and scouting for good spots.I start getting excited this time of year and can hardly wait for season!

woods

coyote170

Reaction score
Like Stringshooter said for MO justa waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

StringShooter

Reaction score
I guess the only thing that holds me back is the balmy weather at the moment. I need some brisk north winds and the changing of the leaves to really get me really motivated. A nice frost or freeze to kill of the undesirable ticks and mosquitos would be nice.

I know that I will have to wait till the end of October in Missouri to get my optimal conditions.

MBullism

Reaction score
I don't know... October sumpthin... couldn't really say..

<font size="5">WHO</font> <font size="3">am I kidding?</font> If it weren't for my mom's birthday in september, september  wouldn't exist and the year would be eleven months long!  The 15th can't get here fast enough...

Cdad

Reaction score
Shadow, you are LUCKY!!! Bow season opener is Oct 1 here in Michigan. Oh well at least i'm not waiting alone. How about hunter 12, he's almost there!!! 43 and a wake-up left for me!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Stringshooter,im all fired up,Oct 1 cant get here soon enough,i have the cam out,last roll had a 6 point on it,i was really happy with that but i want bigger,soon!!! i may be eat up with ticks and chiggers but it will be worth it to find that biggun.

shadow

Reaction score
OK so far Hunter12 has everyone beat with GutshotJoe in second.  I was out practicing this past Sunday and was thinking WOW the 8th....How great is that.  

Hunter12 when does your bow season END. and Rifle start?

deerslyr

Reaction score
i'm really exicted 2!!!! this is my first year hunting (shotgun) with my dad (cdad) i  use a 20 gauge single shot  my dad says it's the best way to practice shooting ourbow season starts october 1st.  hunter 12 your lucky you'll be in a treestand while i'm still in bed!! I'm taking the day off school for shotgun (i don't do bow). i passed hunters safety with flying colors a 100%.

god bless and happy hunting!!!
                     deerslyr

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
One half hour before sunrise on 1 October I'll be in a stand when it starts. MC.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Ohio opens Oct. 5-Jan 31. I hope it cools off some by then.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hmm... well, I guess it isn't fair if I'm not hunting whitetails, but I did my first archery blacktail hunt this past weekend. :muha: :chainsaw:

shadow

Reaction score
OK speckmisser I cheat durring the year too.  I do "sheep" (Ram) and hog hunting year round.  I really want a Black Buck but that's a ways out for my wallet at this time.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
I'm in there with Passthru & Stringshooter....have my stand out, no cams...but I know that biggun is out there. I'm recovering from a major surgery right now, just got out the hospital on Saturday. Doc says I will be in fine shape for the opener. I'm going to pick up one of them reasonable ladder stands at walmart and stick it in another funnel as soon as I can get out there. CAN'T WAIT!!!
 :target:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom