Deer Stamps Needed for West Virginia's Buck Firearms Season


Mar 11, 2001
Reaction score
Deer Stamps Needed for West Virginia's Buck Firearms Season


Hunters are reminded that the additional firearms deer gun stamp (Class RG - Resident; or Class RRG - Nonresident) for taking an additional deer during the buck firearms season must be purchased prior to November 23, 2009, according to Curtis Taylor, Chief of the Wildlife Resources Section of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources.

During a calendar year, a hunter may purchase only one Class RG/RRG stamp for taking a second antlered deer with a firearm during the two-week buck firearms season. Hunters must possess a Class A, A-L, AB-L, X, XJ, E, XXJ or free license to purchase the additional stamp. Resident landowners, their resident children and their resident parents are not required to purchase the Class RG stamp when hunting on their own land. No more than three antlered deer may be taken by a hunter per calendar year in all archery and firearms seasons combined.

For complete information, hunters should consult the 2009-2010 West Virginia Hunting and Trapping Regulations Summary available at any DNR office, license agent, or by visiting the DNR Web site at

Curtis Taylor, Wildlife Resources Section 304-558-2771

Top Bottom