default delay times for RS PIR

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
all,

I have been under the impression that on the RS PIR the default delay for Alarm mode was around 6 seconds and the default delay for chime mode was 30 seconds, but today my father and I were putting our cams back in the woods and while he was working on his, my cam picked up his movement and fired off 2 pics in about 5 seconds on Chime mode. Can anyone explain this?

bat

Reaction score
Hey GOB, the delays I get with the RS pir are in Chime...5 sec. and in Alarm...30 sec. give or take a second.  I am wiring into the pir using the #2 pin.  You can wire the relay into the speaker wires also, this might change the delays I do not know, I have used the #2 pin on all of mine so far.  This too depends on whether there is steady movement that is blocking the pir detection, if the movement keeps the pir blocked it will be longer.  If he had stopped moving after the first picture was taken and moved again in front of the cam so that it picked him up again, it's possible the cam could have picked him up twice in 5 sec.  Another way it could have picked him up without his actually stopping is if the pir has two different areas of detection and a blank spot in the middle of the areas that it will not detect movement and he blocked both areas while moving in front of the pir.  I try to shift the fresnal lens before gluing left and right to pinpoint the center of detection and make sure it is straight in front of the cam, then glue it into place.  Hope this helps...bat

(Edited by bat at 10:04 pm on July 28, 2002)

(Edited by bat at 10:32 pm on July 29, 2002)

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help BAT! Do you guys concur with "Chime...5 sec. and in Alarm...30 sec"? If so, my settings are backwards.

GOB

Tinhorn

Reaction score
This Post may answer your questions.  

Also Note that in Chime Mode, some Owl PF's may take a couple pix's each time the PIR senses motion because, when I experimented with the PIR, Chime Mode seem to bounce up and down (trigger) several times in tune with the chimes.  Apparently not everybody's cam's multple trigger tho....

RS PIR Notes

Tinhorn

bat

Reaction score
The information in my previous post pertains to the pir being wire using the #2 pin to give the delays I get.  Wiring the relay to the speaker wires may give a different delay, I have not tried to wire the pir this way.  I have had no problem with wiring to the #2 pin with either the IC or anything else so far.  I will edit my previous post to reflect which way I am wiring the pir.  Thanks Tinhorn for refreshing me with the other data.  bat

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Good info bat. I have my 2nd roll in the woods as we speak on Alarm. I guess I will know for sure after it is developed.

Top Bottom