Delay Timer or Lowes LCD timer

jirvin

Reaction score
I just got my cam out of the woods yesterday and got the pictures developed.We didn't see anything in the pictures but I told the lady I would go on and have them all processed.The first five or six pictures were from setting it up (DAUGHTER MOVING AROUND ETC).The next five pics were taken in one minute,about five minutes after we left.The next four were taken in another minute and the next five in the next minute.It was about 6:30 in the evening when I set the cam out.The sun was coming thru the trees,but I had the camera pointing to the north.I didn't notice a breeze that would have made the small trees around set off the sensor.It was around 85 degrees.
My question is do you think the heat set off the sensor,and I need a Lowes timer or a delay circuit added to the camera?
When I have the camera at my work bench everything works just fine,and as I tested out on the tree it worked fine.What did I do wrong?
Thanks for any help.Jeff

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi jirvin - What ever it is (Ghosts?) I had exactly the same problem all summer long. What seems to work best is a light sensor circuit that blocks day time pictures. I have a diagram of it posted on my website. For day shots I plan to use the Home Depot timer I have posted. It will allow me to point the camera directly into the afternoon sun, because the timer will have the camera on during the morning hours, and off during the afternoon. If I use the trail cam in a populated area, I can have the camera turned off during the evening hours when people are awake, or weekends when they are hiking.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom