DeLorme topo USA

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this program.  The staples by my house has verison 3.0 on sale for $62.00,  that isn't a bad price for all of those topos.  I want to be able to use the maps with my Garmin GPS,  I have the Garmin topo program but, I am not too impressed with it.  Thanks
-Scott-

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been using DeLorme Topo 3.0 for a year now and I love it.  The 3-D contour feature is really good.  However, I recently got a MariGold GPSr and I cannot get the Topo 3.0 to communicate at all.

FLB, if you want to download maps from the DeLorme software forget it.  All of the GPS manufacturers have proprietary software and they only work with their own units.  All you could do with the DeLorme software is up and down load waypoints.  But I can't even do that yet.

OC hunter

Reaction score
I have Topo by Delorme.  It is okay, but after I bought it, I found two products that are better.  Topo! by National Geographic (www.topo.com) and Maptech.  Topo by Delorme works fine, it's just a few minor problems like not having the Datum I wanted or the names of roads not showing up unless you are zoomed in all the way.  Also, the detail seems to be better in the other two packages.  Now if I can just decide on one of the two.

RazorbacKevin

Reaction score
I have used both Delorme and the National Geographic Topo Maps (Topo.com).  I prefer the latter.  The Delorme did not seem as stable with my PC.  Printing is also better with the Topo.  

Top Bottom