Democrat Blames Economic 'Skid' on Costly Iraq War

D3Lifer

Reaction score
Our continued reliance on foreign oil is the cause of our economic woes. If it continues, there will be no middle class left in this country.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D3Lifer @ Apr 12 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Our continued reliance on foreign oil is the cause of our economic woes. If it continues, there will be no middle class left in this country.
[/b]

Agreed - and how about the old liberal mantra "We went to war for oil". If so, where's all my cheap gas?!? (Notice you haven't heard that one from any of them lately?)

D3Lifer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caninelaw @ Apr 12 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D3Lifer @ Apr 12 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

Agreed - and how about the old liberal mantra "We went to war for oil". If so, where's all my cheap gas?!? (Notice you haven't heard that one from any of them lately?)
[/b][/quote]

Maybe we should elect Hugo Chavez, that would make them happy.

easymoney

Reaction score
Maybe if our elected legislators actually did their jobs, we would have a smooth running goverment and the only time we would be involved in war, would be when we are directly threatened? Do a search on votes to authorize this war and then those who claim to be against it, one will find just as many dems as republicans if not more...

Coues

Reaction score
Obama wants to add more taxes and raise current ones in order to give $385 billion MORE to foreign aid ON TOP of what we already give and hike domestic spending dramatically but mentions nothing about paying off the debt that is dragging the dollar down to historic lows. Just what our economy needs huh?

masonjarlid

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (easymoney @ Apr 13 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe if our elected legislators actually did their jobs, we would have a smooth running goverment and the only time we would be involved in war, would be when we are directly threatened? Do a search on votes to authorize this war and then those who claim to be against it, one will find just as many dems as republicans if not more...[/b]

I say it is time to call for term limits on the polyticks in Washington. We have them for the Senate and the House here in Florida, I think for every elected State polytick there is. The President has them, why not for the rest? There are many that need to be gotten rid of, but until they die it will never happen. The get re-elected because of their name nothing more.

Advertisement

Top Bottom