Democrats - Let's Ban Profit - Geeze, they don't have a clue, do they?

map

Reaction score
Well, I'm old enough to remember the end of WW2, and Truman when he used the Atomic Bomb. During those days I remember that the ole saying was, "War or Depression". I assume that meant both World Wars?

Apparently, America is at that point in history again? After listening to Obama's Acceptsnce Speech tonight, he is the same kick-ass breed of Democrat that Truman & Roosevelt were. We got used to Democrats through the years who didn't have any backbone. Obama is different, and is not afraid to start WW3 if Israel is attacked.

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I'm old enough to remember the end of WW2, and Truman's when he used the Atomic Bomb. During those days I remember that the ole saying was, "War or Depression". I assume that meant both World Wars?

Apparently, America is at that point in history again? After listening to Obama's Exception Speech tonight, he is the same kick-ass breed of Democrat that Truman & Roosevelt were. We got used to Democrats through the years who didn't have any backbone. Obama is different, and is not afraid to start WW3 if Israel is attacked.

And that's got what to do with dimocrats banning profits?

map

Reaction score
And that's got what to do with dimocrats banning profits?
Everything!!! I remember food rationing for things like sugar, plus gasoline rationing, even after the war was over. I remember those things as clear as day, and also passenger trains loaded with American Soldiers headed to boot camp.

The younger generation doesn't have a clue.

californiabull

Reaction score
My brother sent me that video today. Hilarious and scary how stupid the dems can be!

map

Reaction score
I wish you guys would do a little research with Google before using those old saws. Corporate profits are now a record 10.6 percent of GDP.

"Falling wages haven't hurt everyone. Lower labor costs helped push corporate profits to a record 10.6 percent of U.S. GDP in the first three months of 2012, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. And those surging profits helped lift the Dow Jones industrials 54 percent from the end of June 2009 to the end of last month."

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
I wish you guys would do a little research with Google before using those old saws. Corporate profits are now a record 10.6 percent of GDP.

"Falling wages haven't hurt everyone. Lower labor costs helped push corporate profits to a record 10.6 percent of U.S. GDP in the first three months of 2012, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. And those surging profits helped lift the Dow Jones industrials 54 percent from the end of June 2009 to the end of last month."

So, correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying that profit is good, right? You are pointing out that in the last 3+ years that profits are up, correct?

Then, if the above is correct, how do you justify these dolts in the video wanting to outlaw profits? You did look at the video, right? That was the point of posting this, that these idiots want businesses to operate with no or little profit, or negative profit.

Or, am I misunderstanding you and you are also for outlawing profits? (even though you just pointed out the under OJbama's watch profits are up). Please clarify.

map

Reaction score
I believe that the video is about profit sharing with the workers, and having corporate America pay their share of the taxes.

The Labor Unions raised the standard of living for workers during my lifetime, and apparently the younger generation is non-union? I don't get it?

I'm not joking about this country being one step away from WW3.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that the video is about profit sharing with the workers, and having corporate America pay their share of the taxes.

Where did it say that? The only thing this guy is asking people is if they should be a law limiting or banning profit by corporations. That would likely set off your WW3 as every business would go out of business if they couldn't make a profit and no one would have a job.

map

Reaction score
It was a loaded question to make a laughing stock out of under privileged delegates from the inner city. The point I'm bringing out is that we have a long list of recent Democratic Presidents who are/were hawks. Roosevelt, Truman, Johnson, Kennedy, and now Obama.

It still looks like we have the same two choices that we have always had; War or Depression. When the government borrows from the Chinese to pay for social programs there isn't much of a return on the money. However, it we borrow to fight a World War, we get the spoils of war, plus eliminate the cheap labor overseas.

Rob P.

Reaction score
Map,

Obama isn't even close to the sort of person that Truman or Roosevelt was. Both Truman and Roosevelt had the courage of their convictions as well as the intelligence to see that unless all of the people were behind them, they couldn't do their social reform programs. Both Truman and Roosevelt were able to engage America and get America to back their ideas.

Obama, on the other hand, has surrounded himself with toadies who are of the mindset that the world is their oyster on ice. Toadies who BELIEVE that they are entitle to eat ALL the oysters and then write their names in the snow in a time honored way. Toadies who believe that the riches that others have worked for can (and should) be taken away from them to benefit the rest of the hangers-on of the toadies. You only have to look as far as Rahm Emmanuel to see this. If you look further you can see Pelosi, Reid, Biden, and the rest of the vocal DNC crowd crying for heavy taxes on the rich so that they can give that money to Solyndra type companies or companies owned or operated by their family members. These are the people who support Obama. And Obama can't admit that he has failed in his vision of giving America more social handouts and has continued to promote a program of FORCING his ideas on an America that almost universally refuses to embrace those ideas.

If Obama were as true to his word and as smart as he is made out to be, he'd see that and give up his run for a 2nd term. He promised this to us in 2008. But like the rest of the Dem's he believes that he is entitled to take away OUR MONEY and OUR FUTURE to pay for the fun and good times he and his toadies are having.

dustin ray

Reaction score
caninelaw if your trying to get a strait answer out of map your wasting your time. You hit the nail on the head with your post (DNC delegates just don't seem to have a clue. Where do they think jobs come from?)

map

Reaction score
caninelaw if your trying to get a strait answer out of map your wasting your time. You hit the nail on the head with your post (DNC delegates just don't seem to have a clue. Where do they think jobs come from?)
The video was filtered. Corporate profits are at record levels. Thanks to cheap American labor without retirement, vacations, sick leave, or hospitalization.

map

Reaction score
Map,

Obama isn't even close to the sort of person that Truman or Roosevelt was. Both Truman and Roosevelt had the courage of their convictions as well as the intelligence to see that unless all of the people were behind them, they couldn't do their social reform programs. Both Truman and Roosevelt were able to engage America and get America to back their ideas.

Obama, on the other hand, has surrounded himself with toadies who are of the mindset that the world is their oyster on ice. Toadies who BELIEVE that they are entitle to eat ALL the oysters and then write their names in the snow in a time honored way. Toadies who believe that the riches that others have worked for can (and should) be taken away from them to benefit the rest of the hangers-on of the toadies. You only have to look as far as Rahm Emmanuel to see this. If you look further you can see Pelosi, Reid, Biden, and the rest of the vocal DNC crowd crying for heavy taxes on the rich so that they can give that money to Solyndra type companies or companies owned or operated by their family members. These are the people who support Obama. And Obama can't admit that he has failed in his vision of giving America more social handouts and has continued to promote a program of FORCING his ideas on an America that almost universally refuses to embrace those ideas.

If Obama were as true to his word and as smart as he is made out to be, he'd see that and give up his run for a 2nd term. He promised this to us in 2008. But like the rest of the Dem's he believes that he is entitled to take away OUR MONEY and OUR FUTURE to pay for the fun and good times he and his toadies are having.
Hello Rob P,

I paid my dues when I voted for Nixon twice, voted for both of the Bush's, and voted for McCain.

Paul Ryan is the last straw!

dustin ray

Reaction score
So map would you be in favor of a cap on corporate profits

map

Reaction score
So map would you be in favor of a cap on corporate profits
Absolutely not! The Labor Relations that made this country great works if the government enforces the labor laws that are on the books now.

I'm age 72 now, and people live to age 90+ nowadays,. That means that I will be around when these smart 50 year old's are my age. I want to see them pay for their own retirement & medical.

Ha! It's a joke!

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
And this is why I pay to send my kids to private school. Jeez! How FN ignorant can people be?

solus

Reaction score
The reason people are against Unions now a days is because they have monopolized many jobs. Teachers cant teach at public schools unless they are in the teachers union. Even if the teacher is a bad teacher they cant fire them and the worst part is that you have to fallow their rules and pay their dues even if you dont want their benefits. Not all unions are good. That was just one for example and I know some people here will agree with me due to first hand experience. You cant be ignorant of the truth. The world isnt perfect but removing profit from corporations is stupid. Whats the point of having your own business if you cant make profit. NONE!! Democrats need to open their eyes and stop trying to push their ideas on others. Same goes with Republicans. I stand in the middle but lately Ive been leaning more to the republicans side because of dumb laws they have tried to pass. This country was created to be free and not to be enslaved by the government. That is why the first and second amendment is so important. Because government is getting out of hand and if they take those two away they will just be controlling us. That is not freedom that is tyranny

Rob P.

Reaction score
Hello Rob P,

I paid my dues when I voted for Nixon twice, voted for both of the Bush's, and voted for McCain.

Paul Ryan is the last straw!

What does this have to do with Obama's lack of personal character, integrity or job performance?

Seriously, some of your posts here are really disconnected. I can understand that you are dissatisfied with the choice this election, but the way you rationalize it just doesn't make much sense. You don't have to get technical in your position, just put it out there so that we can understand it from start to finish.

For instance, I do not like Romney. I think he is a weak political pandering fool who will set back a lot of the civil rights progress this country has made in the last 40 years. I may not agree with some of it, but there are aspects which have benefited all of society that the vocal conservative party conveniently overlooks. His potential to appoint SCOTUS justices who still have yet to believe that newfangled invention called the wheel is a good thing scares the hell out of me.

On the other hand, Obama has shown that he lacks the strength to be the leader we need. He has shown that he can't stand up against his own party when the country tell him that the Democrats are doing things we don't like. He has shown that he follows the wind politically, socially, and personally. He has shown that he has no true vision and substitutes the personal greed of his advisors in place of good public policy. He too has the potential to appoint justices which such radical ideas that political and legal anarchy would be the result of their decisions.

Neither choice is a good choice. Both carry the potential to destroy the values of this Nation. On top of that, one disenfranchises women, labor unions, atheists, & homosexuals; the other disenfranchises everyone who disagrees with his narrow views. Not much difference between the 2 since being disenfranchised merely depends on what category you fall into. In either event, someone gets the shaft and most people are worried that it's going to be them. And they're likely right which is why they're worried.

As for your voting record: 2x for that crook Nixon, once for the loser McCain and then you voted for that idiot G-Dub too? Really? REALLY?????? And you blame Paul Ryan (who won't have any vote for any legislation as VP unless it's a tie breaker vote) for mess this country is in?

Top Bottom