Desktop magnifier

shufigo

Reaction score
Time to buy the magnifier to help out these old eyes. Endicott lighting has got a basic rig for about $18, 3 diopter for 1 3/4 X magnification. Anyone else using a magnifier, and, if so, is this powerful enough to help with the soldering, etc?? Any other source that's significantly better than 18 bucks??

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I've been a proponent of magnifiers for some time. I have a desktop unit with the on it, but lately I have found that using one of the headbands magnifiers is much easier to use.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I bought mine at Harbor Freight for $9.99. Works great but it's not fancy or anything. It just has alight and magnfying lens on a swing arm fastened to my table. I'll look for a link today. MC.

(Edited by MCinIL at 8:22 am on June 13, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I use the Headband type too,  along with a desk lamp.  

The desk lamp has that flexable tube that the actual  light fastens too but the base has some pockets I can store some tools in, like drill bits, screwdrivers, magic markers, etc.  Purchased at Lowe's I think but may have been Wally World

Tinhorn

shufigo

Reaction score
OK, let's modify this then.  What are your sources and preferences on the headband magnifiers?? No sense cluttering up the workstation with another piece of gear when I can just clamp it onto my head. Lord knows I've been told there's loads of empty space up there!!

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is a link to a light but not quite what I have. It looks like it would work but they do have the headlamp ones also. MC.

light

headlighr/magnifier

(Edited by MCinIL at 9:36 am on June 13, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom