DFG Defines Spinning Wing Decoy

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Summary of Waterfowl Regulations for 2001-2002

Spinning-wing Decoys:

It is unlawful to use electronic or mechanically-operated spinning blade devices or spinning wing decoys when attempting to take waterfowl prior to December 1.  For the purposes of this regulation, wind-powered spinning blade devices and kites are not prohibited.

I guess that means all other electronics are OK (shakers, quivers, torpedo motors, swimmers)..and it is tied to those that have the MECHANICAL spinning blade

(Edited by Duck Fan at 10:09 am on Aug. 29, 2001)

Swampy

Reaction score
Just to stir things up, aren't propellers mechanically-operated spinning blades? I am thinking about those decoys that have the motors on them that "swim" in your spread. Legal, or illegal?

Duck Fan

Reaction score
I am sure there will be more info about this all, but I think the intention is to stop the moto style decoys as they are the ones that were under "review".  I will go on the premise that swimmers, etc are all OK.  And that they have just dealt with the moto style or goal post style spinning wing/blade that is seen from a distance.  

Ahh, a few days till dove!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Man, the ligth bulb just went on. :litebulb  Since a boatload of duckhunters bought at least one of the evil motos, think of how many cloaking devices you could sell so they could keep on spinning them in the open. Bear with me here, remember the Romulan cloaking device on Star Trek? We could just come up with some hyper magnetic force field like that which would bend visible light and blend in with the background. That's all I'm saying for now, I'm off to see a patent lawyer first.

DanV

Reaction score
 I got one of the damn thing out of self defense, can't hardly get a shot in the refuges without one. Ckicken S--- Fish and Game, why don't they just outlaw them completely ande be done with it!

Z-man

Reaction score
Hey Spectr17,  I know a patent lawyer if your'e interested!  LOL!  Didn't the Klingons have a cloaking device also?  There was also that cloak that Bilbo Baggings wore in "Lord of the Rings". Just a thought.  Then the DFG couldn't see you!!

Greenhead

Reaction score
Just last night, I finished researching the moto ban language (as well as a whole bunch of other new rules) for the upcoming season and posted the description, as I found it, on my site, at http://www.westernwaterfowl.com.

The language I found is much more specific and did read that anything that spun or oscillated was banned. Then today, the F&G posts a short blurb on the topic to the contrary. Weird stuff. I'd hold off on any major research and development until the exact wording comes out.

(Edited by Greenhead at 6:00 pm on Aug. 29, 2001)

Duck Fan

Reaction score
There were so many recommendations made, it is hard to know exactly how the wording will be when printed, but I hope everyone involved keeps it simple...and to me that says banning the battery powered spinning wing (moto type) or battery powered spinning blade (goal post style).

These are the ones that everyone talked about and these are the 2 types that were sighted in studies.  So, I believe that when all is said and done, it will be these 2 types that are banned till Dec 1st.

If the DFG tries to write up language to try and outsmart every possible sceanario, they will drive hunters and wardens nuts.

We (and they) all know what a "moto" or "goal post" spinning wing/blade decoys is...lets keep it to that.

My 2 cents...now I'll wait and see what they print...(keeps things interesting though).

jerry d

Reaction score
Jesse,

If you need any info or advice on hyper magnetic force or bending visible light waves you might consult with Darth Jay when he makes one of his annual trips here from his home planet of Endor.

Think it's generally accepted by most leading scientist that his people may be light years ahead of us in those fields of physics and possibly have a more advanced moto than any we may dream about on this planet.

Only problem being - he'll probably want a generous cut of any profits accumulated from marketing your idea. :SM

BigDog

Reaction score
Actually, I heard a rumor that this Darth Jay guy has a new style moto that beats them all. Something that has its own sound effects and can actually run up and down the levy or parking lot......hmmmmmmm
Maybe it is Moto evolution....lol

Jay

Reaction score
I think I've created a monster.

You guys are too much.

I don't know any "Darth Jay".

Latest Posts

Top Bottom